Nonsense and Notes

Brooks Anderson

Later, back at the cafeteria. No food fights would break out this time since the kids who started the one yesterday had to eat lunch with the detention teacher. I sat at my usual table with Holly and Palma, of course. I whistled a Taylor Swift song as we all opened our lunchboxes. Holly was about to ask me which song that was but she stayed silent instead.

I looked around the cafeteria. Everyone was eating and doing various things. I saw the other group of popular kids. In this school, there were two groups of the most popular kids in each grade. Holly, Palma, and I were one of the groups. The other seventh-grade popular group was made up of four kids: Marie Lanston, a pretty brunette girl. Amari Olengtangy is a sweet-looking Asian girl. Jackson Kaulst, a soccer boy. Tyler South always changed up himself every day for some reason. Marie and Jackson were a couple and always showed public affection.

I saw them giving each other small kisses and I quickly turned back to Palma and Holly. I was happy for them, but I did not like any PDA.

"Hey, where's Acrylic?" I asked.

"Why are you so concerned about her?" Palma asked in response.

"Making sure she was far enough away from us" I explained.

"She's over there" Holly pointed to a table where Acrylic was with her friends. I turned around and watched them.

Acrylic Williams

Me and my friends bought lunch today. It was tater tots and a chicken sandwich. I had this feeling Brooks was watching us, but I just ignored her. My friends were Nichole Patterson and Raze Kingsley. Nichole had light brown hair while Raze had black hair. We started as friends who only chatted during lunch and ignored each other during the day, but we eventually got closer. I was listening to their conversation while listening to Sabrina Carpenter in my Airpods.

"Tuba playing seems hard, how do you do it?" Raze asked Nichole.

"Practice, practice, and just practice" Nichole laughed. I laughed in return. I glanced at Brooks and saw her mouthing something.

Do you have my notes for science?

I was a bit confused. Why was she asking me this?

What do you mean? I mouthed back. She rustled through her bag and pulled out a piece of paper.

I have yours on accident, so that means you have mine because we mixed up yesterday in science.

Wait until after lunch, then we can swap them back. She then nodded and turned back to eating her lunch. I went back to eating my sandwich.

"What was that about?" Nichole asked.

"Nothing, a mix-up since we're science partners" I mumbled.

"Oh alright," Raze nodded as she went back to eating. I sighed softly. How could we have possibly gotten our notes mixed up?

After a few minutes, I finished all of my food. I checked my watch, lunch should be ending in a couple of minutes. I glanced at Nichole and Raze, they were chatting over something.

"Hey, everything good?" Nichole asked me since I looked like I was staring off into space.

"Yeah, I'm alright" I smiled softly. Nichole was the person that made me realize I was bisexual. I met her in fourth grade and I had a crush on her the summer before sixth grade. I started thinking that I was lesbian in the start but as my crush on Nichole disappeared during that summer and I decided to stick as best friends, I started liking some random boy that moved into the neighborhood I live in during the autumn of last year. My crush on that boy disappeared quickly since I realized I had no clue who he was, but I was pretty sure I found out who I was. At least a little bit.

"Oh, lunch's over" Raze muttered as she got up. Nichole got up next and I got up last. We threw our lunch trays away and they walked through. I stayed behind at the start of the hall. Nichole gestured for me to follow them but I shook my head. She shrugged as they continued.

Brooks Anderson

I walked up to Acrylic when she was standing at the end of the hall. Holly and Palma just watched us. I grabbed her science notes sheet from my purse and handed it to her.

"Here. Now where's mine?" I asked. Acrylic reached into her pocket and gave me mine.

"Here's yours" she mumbled.

"Thanks, I guess" I responded as I zipped up my purse. I then walked back to Holly and Palma as we walked to our next class.