Pizza and Pandemonium

Brooks Anderson

Later at lunch, everyone sat at every table. There's no 'popular kids' table, no 'athletes' table, you get the idea. So a wrestling kid might be sitting next to a drama kid. This means chaos often happens, especially because drama kids and wrestling kids hate each other.

I sat down at one table with Palma and Holly. We all packed lunch. I opened my lunchbox and grabbed a sandwich.

"So apparently Andrew had an ex from sixth grade but they're exes so he's single" Palma swooned. Holly just rolled her eyes jokingly.

"Someone's obsessed," Holly smiled. "Also, Brooks, why haven't you had a boyfriend yet? All of the boys wanna date you, you know?"

I cringed a bit. "Um, because I'm not interested at the moment..." I explained. In reality, I just don't want a boyfriend, I would want a girlfriend, so what I said was half true.

"Wow... Okay, I guess" Palma muttered as she ate a strawberry. I sighed as I bit into my sandwich.

Lunchtime was the period I loved and hated the most. I loved it because I could talk to Palma and Holly without teachers telling us to shut up. But I hated it because boys would stop by our table to flirt with me. I would keep telling them to stop but they kept doing it anyway. Middle school boys are like that I guess.

I heard someone sit at the table near me. It might be a boy, which I didn't want. I turned my head to the direction and who I saw made me roll my eyes more.

Acrylic Williams

Every other table was crowded so I had to sit next to Brooks. None of us wanted this. My friends were absent so I had to find a different area to sit in. I bought lunch today so I had some pizza.

"Hey idiot, what are you doing here?" Palma asked me.

"You think I wanted to be here?" I grumbled. Brooks and Holly rolled their eyes and Brooks kept eating her sandwich. I ate one of my pizza slices. Everyone else got one, Viola and I got two. Viola is in eighth grade though.

"Oh wow artsy girl thinks she's so cool she deserves two slices" Holly muttered.

"I didn't decide if I was cool, I just somehow got two slices" I rolled my eyes. My mom is one of the lunch ladies so I sometimes got extra food. But no one knew that. I'm a good artist, but I'm also a good chef. Some of the food here might be my recipes. This pizza is for sure!

"Yeah.. sure I guess" Brooks glared at me. I finished one slice of pizza and got out my sketchbook as I started drawing. She looked at my second pizza slice. "I'm taking that" Brooks declared as she took my pizza slice and ate it. I mean, she used to take them without saying anything so, I guess this is a step forward to her being nicer to me.

"Okay, fine" I mumbled as I watched my pencil dance across my sketchbook page.

Brooks Anderson

What?

She just reacted normally.

I rolled my eyes as I started to eat the slice of pizza. Hold on a second... This pizza is pretty good.

"So, how was my pizza?" Acrylic asked sarcastically.

"Well, this is actually pretty great. School pizzas are always awesome!" I exclaimed.

Acrylic grinned a tiny bit, but I don't know why. She acted like she was the one who made the pizza, even though it was made by the lunch ladies.

I watched around the cafeteria since we were just eating and talking. There were some other kids just eating, chatting, etc. I decided to go back to eating the pizza slice.

Suddenly, Holly tapped me. I looked up at her.

"What?" I asked, a bit annoyed

"Wait a second" She whispered to me. I nodded and waited. But then I heard the dreaded words, the ones everyone hates.

"Food fight!"