Camila and Calls

Acrylic Williams

I was at home and in my room, doing homework. I got another detention for arguing with Brooks in science today but that was a while ago. I just had dinner so I could stay in my room for the night.

"Hey Acrylic" Jason opened my door and barged in. I jumped slightly.

"What the heck do you want?!" I grumbled loudly.

"So it's me and Camila's five-month anniversary and I need to get her something... Can you help me?" Jason asked me while blowing the hair out of his face.

"Before I say anything, Imma assumes she fell for you because you do that and that's it?" I poked fun at him before getting up from my window seat.

"Hey, the reason she likes me is because I have a great personality," Jason said, remaining emotionless.

"'Kay emo boy. Anyways, just get her chocolate. Trust me" I told him.

"She doesn't like chocolate" Jason then said with a small sigh.

"Dang it. Wait a second..." I checked my phone and saw it was March 17th. "Actually your five-month anniversary is today"

"Wait WHAT?!" Jason shouted. He texted someone, I'm assuming Camila, before putting his phone away.

"Here, just give her this!" I took my sketchbook and flipped through a few pages. I then found one and ripped it out. I gave it to Jason.

"But I can't, I can't draw even half as good so it can't do anything!" Jason sighed.

"Yes, it can! It's a GIFT!" I told him before shoving him out of my room.

"But- aww damnit" Jason grumbled. He just walked downstairs while holding the drawing in his hand.

Brooks Anderson

I sat on a chair on my balcony outside my room. I watched the stars but buildings typically seem to tower over them. It can be annoying sometimes but that's what you get when you live in the city.

My phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked, not checking the caller's ID.

"Hey, is this Brooks?" A voice with a worn-out British accent asked. Of course, this was Acrylic. But for some reason, I was kind of... happy about it.

"Yeah, Acrylic. Cut to the chase" I told into the phone.

"Erm, okay. The first thing is that this is not my phone, I'm using my older brother, Edmund's, so don't save the number. Now, my older brother and his girlfriend have their five-month anniversary today and she's over at our house, but he doesn't have a gift other than a drawing I let him use, can I stay over for a bit?" Acrylic asked. I was STUNNED. Why me?! Doesn't she have two best friends? We're not even friends!

'Why me?" I asked in response.

"None of my friends were available," Acrylic muttered. I nodded, even though she wouldn't be able to see me.

"Ohh alright," I said, understanding slightly. "Uhh, you can come over for a few minutes, but don't try staying the night."

"I don't like sleeping over at people's houses anyways so you don't have to worry about it" Acrylic giggled softly. I could imagine the twinkle in her eye, the one that's always there whenever she laughs or smiles.

"Does your parents know though?" I asked, making sure.

"Wow, you're rarely this way. But yeah. Okay technically no but Novella knows and she'll tell them" Acrylic explained.

"Who's Novella?"

"My oldest sister. I have eight siblings."

"That's crazy. You know but I only have one. I used to believe that I had another but they were in college. My mom and mum told me it wasn't true though" I said while looking back at the memory.

"You know mum is the British way of saying mom, right?"

"Yeah but I have two so I needed to call my other one something. "

"You have a point. Anyways I'll be there in less than half an hour or something" Acrylic said before hanging up.

I walked into my room from the balcony and saw Asher in my room. He was smirking at me.

"Hello snake," He said mischievously.

"Get out of my room rat," I responded while putting my hands on my hips.

"It sounds like you have a crush," Asher says in a sing-song voice.

"I do NOT" I shouted angrily.

"But you're the nicest to her! Wait is that the girl that came over like a week ago?" Asher asked,

"Yeah that's Acrylic," I told him.

"Ooh, the cutie with the beret?"

"SHE IS IN MY GRADE AND OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE, DON'T YOU TRY"

'It's worth a shot, right?"

"Don't try"

"Fine" Asher grumbled as he left my room. I sighed as I sat on my bed and waited for Acrylic.

Acrylic Williams

I was on the bus and waiting for it to arrive at my stop. It was just crusty and dusty, like typical city buses. I gagged slightly at all the people, it was gross.

The bus arrived at my stop. I got my purse and left the bus as I walked towards Brooks' apartment. This part of Brooklyn is different from my part. There are more apartments and buildings than where I live. Yes, there are many buildings near my house, but here is the number of buildings near my house times fifteen.

I got to Brooks' apartment building after a short walk. The truth is, I didn't go just because Jason and Camila were at the house, I just wanted to get out of the house somehow. So I did lie about already asking my friends...

"Hey Acrylic! So nice to see you!" Florence opened the door and let me in. I smiled and nodded. I then turned to Brooks, who was standing on the staircase.