1.

"You've to come back Nova, it's been a year" Piper sighed as she let herself fall down on my couch. "Why? I'm perfectly happy here" I lied.

She turned her head to me and raised her eyebrow. "No you're not"

"How do you know? I am happy here"

"Okay then" she chuckled a little. But she also knew I had to go back - it was Kelly's birthday soon and I missed her. I had to be there at her party.

I also had to go back because my old apartment was empty and I had to decide what to do with it. I was paying rent for nothing.

Billie moved out, she didn't only move out our apartment, she also moved out the country, just like I did.

I moved to Australia, far far away from Lando and all of my so called friends and she - I don't even know where she moved to. I didn't care.

A lot has changed over the year. I blew up - my career really sky rocketed. I had more followers than Lando and Max combined, I had to turn down jobs because I couldn't keep up with all the offers.

I walked in the biggest shows, did collaborations with the biggest brands in the world.

I was no longer 'Lando's ex-girlfriend'. I became my own person.

Piper became my best friend, she was a better friend to me than everyone in my friendgroup, even when she wasn't my friend at all at that time.

She and Julian visited me whenever they could.

So did Tom, Nathan ex-boyfriend. He broke up with Nathan after he found out what happened. After he realized what kind of person he was.

Good riddance.

And then there was Lando. My kryptonite, the love of my life.

My biggest mistake.

He called and texted me for months and months, until he realized I was never gonna answer.

Julian and Piper never really talked about him, even though Piper still worked for him, for Mclaren.

I've heard he has a girlfriend now, saw pictures of them together.

I was happy for him.

No I wasn't.

But it wasn't as if I didn't have a few flings here and there, because I definitely did. Very short relationship, they only lasted a month or two.

I used them to forget about Lando - which worked for a few weeks, but most of the times, I still thought about him when we were doing romantic things together.

I didn't think about him that much anymore now, only once or twice a week.

And whenever I looked at the stars.

Those damn stars will forever haunt me. He will forever haunt me.

I never gave him a chance to explain himself, because honestly, what was there to explain? He fucked Billie, my best friend, while I was sick.

Why? I don't know, it didn't matter.

He betrayed me in the ugliest way possible, he made a fool out of me.

He protected Billie instead of me.

"I'm gonna pack" I said as I got up. Piper immediately looked at me. "Are you coming home?"

"It's not home anymore, Pipes, but yeah - I'm going back to Monaco" I nodded.

After a year of avoiding everyone, of running away from the truth, I had to go back and face them again.

It was time to face my demons again - face the ghosts that were haunting me for a year.

It was time to go haunt them instead.