2.

And only a couple of days later, I was walking in my old apartment with Piper.
Billie's stuff was gone - there was no sign of her left.

Perfect.

"Welcome home" Piper smiled. "This isn't home" I mumbled.

She chuckled a little, because she knew it actually was my home.

"Does Lando know you're back?" She asked. It was the first time in a while that she asked me about him.

"No." I shook my head. No one knew, only Julian and Piper.

It was gonna be a complete surprise for them.

"Besides, I'm not back, I'll go back to Australia after the party" I quickly added.

Piper nodded, not saying anything else.

"I still think you have to keep this place" she said as she brushed her fingers over the dresser in my bedroom.

She looked at her fingers, which were covered in dust. "Better clean it first though"

"Why would I keep it? I'm never here"

"But you should be here" she turned around and looked at me. "It's your home and you ran away for a year - it's time you come back"

I sighed and shook my head. She just didn't understand that everything in Monaco reminded me of him.

Of them.

"Anyways, let's do the important things first" she clapped her hands together. "Let's do your hair, makeup and put you in the nicest dress ever"

"Great idea" I nodded.

Everything to make her shut up about me moving back to Monaco.

I sat down while Piper was doing my makeup, she was great at it. She never overdid it, but she could make my eyes pop.

"Do you know what's weird though?" She asked as she tried to find the right shade of foundation. "No?"

"Charles hasn't been dating anyone for a year now" she said, grabbing a darker foundation than she normally used.

My skin definitely got darker while I was in Australia, I just got a lot tanner.
Blame it on the Australian sun.

"That is suspicious" I said. "Right? You know nothing about that?" She asked as she looked down at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I was in Australia, remember"

"I remember" she nodded. "Did he ever come to visit you?"

"Yes" I said, not giving her any explanation.

She just chuckled, realizing I wouldn't give her the answers she was looking for.

——————————-

An hour later, we both looked absolutely stunning. Thanks to her amazing makeup skills.

There was a knock on my door, which made my heart jump a little.

All the memories came back.

But when I saw Piper walk to the door and open it, I realized it wouldn't be Lando or Billie.

"Welcome home sis" Julian walked in, kissing the top of my head before walking to Piper. He pressed his lips against hers.

"She's not home" Piper said, winking at me. "Right" Julian chuckled.

I rolled my eyes at them.

"Are you ready?" He looked at me.

I sighed, looked at myself one last time and nodded. "As ready as I can be"

But God knew that I wasn't completely ready for this. My heart was pounding. I could throw up because I was so damn nervous.

It's been a year since I talked to them, a year of complete silence.
They probably thought they would never see me again, only in magazines and news articles.

But no, they were gonna see me tonight.

He was gonna see me tonight.