Cole and Peter- Part 25

[Photo not mine- Pinterest, rainy aesthetic]

The last chapter was fun to write, emotional, but interesting. I actually really liked that idea, so let's keep going, time for me to write and you to read!

__________________________

Cole's pov
<><><><>

Sunlight seeped through the blinds, gently lighting up the room. My mind knew it was morning and that I should get up, but my body didn't want to get up yet.
Rolling over to grab Peter, but he wasn't there. His spot on the bed was empty. Where is he?

After fighting to wake up, I opened my eyes and sat up on my bed. Looking over at the clock, 11:29 am

He's probably down stairs getting breakfast. At least he let me sleep in.
Going into the bathroom, passing the mirror, I stopped. Looking at myself in the mirror, memories from last night came rushing in.
One word was on my mind, one name.

Sophie.

My hands gripped onto the counter, what happened last night? Why did she do...that? What does it mean? What if someone finds out? No one can know about this.

Chills ran over my body, my heart racing, those thoughts made me feel- something I've never felt before. It made me so uncomfortable and a sick feeling hit me. Why we're these thoughts bothering me so much!?

🍂

Peter's pov
*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"There you are." I said as Cole waking downstairs.
"I've been waiting on you to wake up. Me and Cindy started working on this puzzle. Wanna see?" I asked.

He yawned, ruffling his hair. "Nice." He said, looking down at the puzzle. Then he kissed my cheek and went to the kitchen.

Me and Cindy were slowly putting together this puzzle, sitting at the dining room table, since it was the only space big and clean enough.

"Do you want to help us?" I asked Cole.

"Eh, I dunno. I'm not sure I'd be good at it." He said.

"You don't know until you try. Come on. At least try to get one piece." I said encouraging him.

"Ugh, alright." He said then walked over, standing behind me.
We all looked at the pieces and found a few that went together. But Cole got annoyed, not being able to find anything and walked off.
Oh, well. At least he tried a little.

After spending another half hour on the puzzle, I went to find Cole.

He was curled up in his bed, Toby was laying next to him.

"Aww, you two look comfy." I said, standing next to the bed and petting Toby. Cole was holding him in his arms.

"Mmm, hmm." Cole mumbled, just staring down at Toby.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked, noticing that something was off with him.

He paused for a moment, gulped. "Not really."

Putting my hand on his head, playing with his hair. "What's wrong? Did you eat to much or something?" I said jokingly, making him smile.

"Yes. But it's not that." He said sadly.

"What is it then? Baby? What's wrong?" I asked softly, tilting my head to look at him.

"Eh, forget it. What are we going to do today?" He asked, looking up at me.

"I dunno. I wanted to go to the store for something. Do you want to join me?" I asked.

"Sure." He said, reaching his hand out towards my face, kissing me.