Cole and Peter- Part 26

[Photo not mine- of the amazing, beautiful,
Spirit Bear]

(Recently I've been rewatching a show called-
I shouldn't be alive.

It's about incredible, real stories of people going through crazy things and somehow surviving.

One of the episodes is about a teenage guy getting attacked by a bear... 😰😖 thinking about it makes me feel nauseous and faint. I can barely survive a "normal" day ☹️)

______________

Cole's pov
<><><><>

While I was sleeping comfortably, the wind woke me up.
Why is it so windy all of a sudden?

The cold wind hit my body, immediately freezing me to my core.
Then I noticed the rain falling onto my body, heavy drops of rain flying all over the place. Almost feeling like hail.

What? What's going on?

My eyes opened slowly, feeling heavy and tired. It was dark outside, so dark.
Why am I outside? Why is it so cold?

The realization hit me like a train, fear surging up, my heart racing like crazy, and I was starting to hyperventilate.

As my eyes adjusted to the dark I could see the outline of trees.
I tried to sit up and look around, but sharp pains shot through my body.
Making me scream in pain.

After a moment of screaming and then calming down. I stayed still as I could, trying to figure out why I was in pain.
What's hurting me so much?

Closing my eyes to focus, then opening them again.
Taking a look at my surroundings, it was very dark, raining with strong winds, trees all around me. All I could hear was the strong storm, making tree sway and the waves crashing.

Waves?

No.

No, this isn't real. This, isn't, real!
No, no, please, no. It can't be real.

I sat up suddenly, wracking my body in pain. Almost every nerve in my body felt like it was on fire. My body felt like it was being ripped apart, over and over. The burning pain warmed my body, but then the cold rain froze me to my core.

All I could do was lay on my back in pain, it had dulled down, but was clearly there.
Gathering up my courage and strength to lift my head up, looking down onto my body.

In the dark night I could see the outline of my body, but I couldn't see anything distinct. The land was empty, just my body laying on the ground, exposed to the elements.

It was from the attack. The pain was from the attack. My body felt like it was ripped apart, because it actually was.
The Spirit Bear had almost killed me, but instead left me in pain, having to die, cold and alone.

My body had been ripped apart, slashes all over my body, blood everywhere, only being able to move my head and left arm. Unlike my right arm that was completely numb. It was so mangled that the nerves no longer worked. I would probably bleed out soon, on this cold, dark night.

Why was I alone? Why did this happen to me? Why didn't I just stay home?...

I scream out into the air, the fear of being alone and hurt had overwhelmed my body. I just wanted to be out of here.

Get me out of here! I can't be here! Don't leave me!

Please don't leave me...

Peter's pov
*-*-*-*-*-*-*

One minute I was dead asleep, the next I felt like I was about to have a heart attack. Hearing a loud scream right next to me.