Keith and Spencer- Part 6

Spencer's pov
~*~*~*~

Tossing and turning the entire night as I tried to sleep. Eventually falling asleep, exhausted from crying, from emotions.
My body desperately wanted to sleep more, never to wake again.
But eventually I had to wake up. And my mother was causing a lot of noise in the kitchen as she cleaned up something.

Tears had stained my pillow, my hair had knotted, my body ached. It was already almost noon.

Dragging myself out of bed, dizzy as I stood up. Making my way to the kitchen, my mouth was so dry and my nose was stuffy.

"Spencer." My mom said surprised, sitting at the counter working on her laptop.

Giving her a little nod then grabbing a bottle of water. Gulping it down.

"Are you hungry? I'll make you some breakfast, honey." She said sweetly.

"Yeah." I mumbled, my throat sore.

"Okay." She said with a concerned look. Getting up and looking at me. Gently putting her hands on my face, making me look her in the eyes.

"Are you okay, honey? What's going on?" She asked.

"I'm tired. Can you just make me something to eat?" I said tiredly, trying not to sound rude.

"Yeah." She said, rubbing my arm.
"Why don't you just get comfortable on the couch." Giving me a small smile.

Nodding, I walked over to the couch.
"You been working on your laptop?" I asked, seeing it sitting on the counter.

"Well... not real work. Just some writing. I got inspired." She shrugged.

"Mm." I mumbled, getting comfortable on the couch.

My mom wasn't to happy at her job, she used to love writing, but then life got- busy. I know she misses it.

Turning on my favorite new show, I'd been binge watching it, but now it's almost over.
Cuddling up with a blanket as I watched it.

"Okay. Breakfast is ready." My mom smiled. "Why don't you come sit at the counter?" Gesturing me to get up.

Pausing the show then getting up to sit at the counter with her.

"Thanks, ma." I mumbled, taking a bite.

"Your welcome, sweetie." She smiled, rubbing my back.

Glancing towards her laptop again. "You've been writing? Anything good?" I asked, forcing a small smile.

"Yeah... you wanna read it don't you?" She asked, her eyebrow raised.

"Mmm... maybe. Can I?" I pouted, tilting my head.

She sighed. "No. It's a surprise." She nudged me with her elbow.

Rolling my eyes. "How rude."

She rubbed my back, "What's been going on with you?" She asked worriedly.
"I can tell somethings wrong. So what is it?"

"Can we talk after I eat?" I said, staring down at my plate.

"Okay... I love you, sweetie." Rubbing my back again then getting on her laptop.
She quietly typed out a story, which I'm sure is already great.

After I finished eating I quickly turned away, running back to my room.

"Spencer! Wait!" My mom called out, following me.
"Honey!" She called out again, running after me, some how she managed to catch up, grabbing my arm.

"Sweetie... what's going on?" She asked, her face filled with concern.

Tears started streaming down my face, unable to stop them.
Her hands gently held my face, brushing away the tears.