Unknown + Charlotte

⚠️Trigger Warming: This will be a very dark chapter, meant to spread awareness about things like:
Abuse, bulling, depression, ED, SA, eta.

If your not comfortable with that, feel free to skip this chapter. 🫶🏻
I want everyone to enjoy what I write and have a place they feel comfortable, but we also need to talk about important topics

☁️☁️☁️

C
••

"Boys will be boys."

The beginning of school was a new chapter, new teachers, new students, new subjects, but there was something that- was always there. Yet it only got worse over time.

Walking closer to school there was some guys kicking around empty cans and rocks next to the new spirit bear statue.

I can't believe the school board actually allowed that. They actually listening to kids!? It's a miracle.
Yet some how Cole and Peter managed to do it.

People were rough on them at first, rumors spread around fast, but now- they're pretty popular. I mean there's still some people I'd stay away from, but maybe this year could actually be good.

Maybe things can be different...?

I told myself that everyday, yet never quite believed it.

School had become draining, more work, more stress, put on us so quickly. Five classes, plus encores, only 30 minutes for lunch which was a lot less after standing in the long line. Then by the time the day was over, you'd have a massive headache, fogging up your mind.

I used to love being in clubs, having a big group of friends, spending time after school with them or my teachers. But now I dreaded the entire day.
Seven hours, five days a week, only a few hours to do homework, then finally relax. If your lucky.
Unless your parents drag you out to run errands, do chores or whatever. You barely have time to take care of yourself, then only a few meager hours of sleep.
Just to do it again.

Again, again, again, again and again.

About 185 school days out of 356, that's just over half of a year. Day after day, month after month, year after year, wasted.
No memory of what's being "taught", no time to enjoy your childhood, no time to figure out your own life. Yet we're supposed to decide our futures? Before we're even adults?

They don't care about us.

"How was your day, honey?" My mom asked as I got into the car.

"Fine." Why did parents always ask that? Like it's ever going to change!?

"What did you learn?" She asked.

"I don't remember." I had been running on autopilot for so long, to busy trying to just survive, how could I possibly remember? What's the point of knowing it anyways?

~~~
💭

"Come on, let's go swing!"

"Haha, okay!"

The kids ran fast to the playground, hopping on the swings. Giggling together as they talked.

"I bet I can go higher than you!"

"Nah, uh!"

They swang up, higher and higher. Feeling like they could fly away into the sky.

~~\~~

Those memories had faded away slowly. Losing them scared me. What am I without them?

Leaving my arm against the window, staring out at the cold land. There was nothing pretty, just dull buildings.