Dalton

Baby Noelle is awake by the time Maeve and I arrive at Taytum and Andrew's house, so Maeve is holding her.

I know seeing her cousins with new babies has made Maeve think a lot more about us potentially having kids soon. Especially now that we're getting married in less than a year.

After catching up with Taytum, Andrew, and of course, little Noelle, Maeve and I go home to make dinner. We've been making dinner together  lot lately, and it's become one of our favorite things to do together.

Especially because it usually turns into a dance party between the two of us.

"So, what is first on the agenda for wedding planning?" I ask.

Maeve smiles, sipping on her glass of wine. "We have to pick a venue, so that we can get a date booked. That's first, and then getting our new puppy."

I smile too, pulling Maeve closer. "Why don't we start looking at venues online over dinner?"

"Sounds perfect, honey."

So, we start our research process, and find three possible venues that could be the location of our wedding. Maeve sets up appointments to tour all of them this week, which I'm really excited for. I have a feeling that Maeve and I are going to have a lot of fun planning our wedding.

After dinner is over, Maeve and I settle on our couch to relax and watch tv together. We've been watching New Girl lately, which I'd never watched until Maeve introduced me to it. Now, I'm hooked.

I run my hand up and down Maeve's back as she lays partially on top of me. She smiles up at me before swiftly pressing her lips to mine.

"I love you," she says. "And I can't wait to get married."

"August can't come soon enough, baby," I say. "And I love you too."

"My parents want to throw us an engagement party if that's okay with you," Maeve says.

"Of course it's okay," I say. "That's so generous of them."

Again, Maeve grins. "We do have a lot of celebrating to do."

"Yeah? What exactly does that entail?" I ask.

Maeve climbs over until she's completely straddling me, and then she brushes her hair over one shoulder. Next, she leans down to whisper in my ear.

"Definitely taking each other's clothes off tonight."

"Ooh, baby, you know how much I love when we take our clothes off."

Maeve giggles and leans down to kiss me, which in turn prompts us to both take our shirts off. I maneuver us so that Maeve is lying on the couch, and I lean down to kiss her neck while her hands play with my hair.

"God, I love when you kiss me there," she says.

I kiss her in the same spot, before smiling against her skin. "Good thing it's one of my favorite spots."

"Oh yeah? What are your other favorite spots?" she asks.

"Right here," I say, kissing her jaw, "and right here," I say, then back to her lips. "There's more, but I'd rather show than tell."

Maeve smiles. "You are the sexiest man alive, Dalton."

I reach around her to unclip her bra, before she throws it to the floor. After kissing a trail down her chest and stomach, I help Maeve take her shorts and panties off.

Then I go to town.

Maeve's hands in my hair has come to be one of my favorite sensations. Especially when she's arching against me and my name passes through her lips.

After she finishes, Maeve lowers my shorts and boxers until her mouth is wrapped around my length. She works her magic until I'm releasing into her mouth, and then we're putting our couch to good use.

"Fuck," she says, as soon as I'm inside of her. "You feel so good," Maeve breaths.

"You do too," I say, thrusting a little faster.

"Oh, God," Maeve says. "Dalton, I'm not gonna last very long if you keep doing it like that."

"It's okay," I say. "You can come for me, baby."

"Just like that, I'm so close," she says, whimpering at every move I make.

My breath grows louder as we keep going, both of us reaching the finish line in a couple of minutes. One thing about us is versatility. Maeve and I can manage a quickie in less than five minutes, but we can also go for hours if we purposefully take things slow.

After we're done and cleaned up, we change into comfier clothes and continue to cuddle on the couch.

"I love spending time with you," Maeve says. "Our relationship has been and is everything to me, Dalton."

I smile, brushing Maeve's hair away from her forehead before pressing my lips to it. "I love you so much, Peach. You are the light and love of my life."

"You are the love of my life too," she says. "I'm so lucky to marry you."

"We make the best team," I say. "I couldn't imagine where I'd be without you."

"Me too," she says. "I'd probably be sad and lonely, just running the bookstore."

"How lucky are we to have found each other multiple times in this world?"

Maeve leans her head on my chest. "The luckiest."

"Why don't we go to bed, baby?" I ask. "We both have to be up for work in the morning."

"Mmhmm," Maeve says. "As long as I can still lay on you."

"That's not even a question," I say. "You know that I'm your personal pillow."

"God, you're the best," Maeve says.

We get up from the couch and turn the tv off before going to bed, falling asleep only a few minutes after we crawled into our bed. Since we just moved a few weeks ago, we got a new bed and mattress. It was a bit more expensive than I hoped, but way worth it. This mattress might be the comfiest place I've ever gotten to sleep.

Maeve and I wake up early enough to get breakfast together before going our separate ways for work. We have a big week this week, with plans to tour a few venues. Hopefully by the end of the week we will have booked a wedding date, and then we have an engagement party hosted by Maeve's parents in two weeks.

There's a lot to do, but it's all exciting to us. I can't wait to marry her, which also means we'll have a lot of fun planning together. Maeve is my life partner, so everything we do will be together, or supporting one another.

Our life together is going to be beautiful. It already has been.