10 Things I Hate About You (1)

A/N: For the sake of the story, the Maximoff twins don't know the Stark twins (obviously). No powers for any of them. Obviously some things are changed, it isn't exactly like the movie but yeah :)

Senior year of college, mid-August, second week back from summer break. For Remi, it was their first week back. They had gone off to a film camp back in May, and they came back the night before, so for Remi, this was their first day of school.

As they grabbed their schedule from the counselor's office, they stepped out onto the hallway. All the teenagers walking around, multiple voices echoing through the halls. Although Remi had a great time at camp, they had missed New York and the people.

"Hey!" A chirpy voice chimed in. Remi turned to make eye contact with a guy — brown hair, brown eyes, soft smile. "I missed you so much! Holy shit, your hair looks amazing!" Peter Parker greeted them with a big hug. Remi had a new look — black hair with green strands, cut short right above their shoulders.

"Call me fucking crazy, but I kinda missed school, well I mostly missed you and the others," Remi said as they both began walking outside in hopes of finding MJ and Ned.

"Yeah, you're fucking crazy," Peter chuckled a bit. "I'd rather be in film camp than here. How'd you like it?"

Remi thought for a second. "I met people that have the same interests as me, I got to make a short film with them, it was honestly really cool. I want to go back next year. Oh, and I forgot to tell you, I let a stranger do this," they told Peter, proudly holding a strand of green hair up.

Peter's mouth fell agape. "You trusted a stranger with your hair!?"

Remi nodded and laughed. "Her name's Claire. Her mom does hair, that's why it came out great."

"Shit, tell Claire I'll fly her to New York to do my hair. Oh, also did I tell you about Ned and Lee? They gave each other promise rings back in July! They—"

As Peter updated Remi on all the things they had missed while away, their eyes landed on a particular person. The sun shone down upon her red hair, causing the beautiful girl to look unreal. She wore a black dress that flowed nicely, matching her black combat boots. Such a simple outfit, and yet she looked better than any girl Remi had ever seen. "Who's that?" they asked in awe.

Peter frowned in confusion, then his eyes followed to where Remi was looking. "Oh yeah! There's two new people! That's Wanda Maximoff, she came with her brother Pietro. She doesn't really talk to anyone though except—"

Remi was still staring at her, watching as Wanda met up with a guy with brown hair and blue eyes, his eyebrows forever stuck in a frown. "Oh my God, she befriended Grey Anderson? That dude talks to no one!" they exclaimed in surprise.

"Yeah..." Peter watched as Wanda and Grey walked off together. "I only really see Grey talk to Wanda though, not really with her brother. Pietro doesn't really have friends. I kinda feel bad for the dude but—"

"Who cares about him?" Remi waved off the subject of conversation. "I want to talk to her," they said, nervous but sure of themself.

"Okay but remember what your dad said," Peter tried to remind them, holding onto Remi's backpack. "You can't date in high school, for the sake of publicity. High school relationships are dramatic, just one more year and you can date any girl you want."