Remi in Wonderland (4)

Through the woods, twisted trees, and varying paths, the white rabbit vanished from Remi's sight.

They stood in the middle of diverging trails, wondering where he could've gone. Remi looked around and realized they were lost, perhaps forever.

A big flat stone was stationed next to Remi. There, they took a seat and hugged themself. "What the fuck am I doing?" they wondered aloud. "Why am I even after this rabbit in the first place? I want to go home!"

Remi's eyes watered as the slow realization that they might never find a way back home settled into their head. They let the tears roll down their cheeks, the warmth of them upon their face almost comforting.

A sudden dim light shone on Remi, causing them to look up to see what it was. A crescent moon was settled on the dark Wonderland sky, its light making its way through the trees to shine hope on Remi.

On a normal night back at home, Remi could always see stars around the moon, a reminder that the moon was never alone, always accompanied by a star, just the way Remi was always with Giz by their side.

The moon Remi was looking at now was alone, not a singular star sharing the sky with it. Similar to how Remi was now also alone — no Giz, no Wanda, no Peter, no Pietro, no Grey, no one.

The crescent moon above began slightly tilting, falling down slowly, becoming smaller. Wanda's face slowly faded into view, the moon becoming her smile as she floated down to sit on a tree branch. "And the mome raths outgrabe!" Wanda sang softly.

"Cheshire Cat!" Remi exclaimed, jumping up from the stone they were sitting on. A sort of relief came over them. "It's you!" They quickly wiped their tears and sniffled.

"Who were you expecting?" Wanda tilted her head. "The white rabbit?"

"Oh, no, no, no," Remi shook their head, annoyed with the simple mention of the rabbit. "I'm through with that. I want to go home, but I can't find my way!"

"Of course, you'll never find your way," Wanda scoffed, waving Remi off. "The only way here are the Queen's ways!"

"Queen?" Remi furrowed their eyebrows. "I've never met any queen, I just—"

"You haven't? Oh, but you must!" Wanda hovered  above the trunk of the tree, her legs criss cross in midair. "She'll be mad about you, simply mad!" she laughed maniacally.

"Well..." Remi thought for a second. "How can I find her?"

"Some go this way," Wanda pointed to the left, "some go that way," she pointed to the right, "but me, personally, I prefer the short cut!"

She pulled on a tree branch that seemed to be a lever. The trunk of the tree she was sitting on opened up like a door to reveal a direct path towards a garden. It seemed a lot like the garden Remi had come from back home, but this one had red roses all over.

"Oh, thank you!" Remi showed gratitude to Wanda, but she had already vanished. Remi sighed and walked into the tree trunk, making their way to the Queen's castle.

Somehow it was daytime at the Queen's kingdom. As Remi passed through, the short cut closed up behind them and went back to being a regular tree. Fixing their dress as they walked, Remi worried about making a good first impression on the Queen.

They walked through the garden maze, finding four kingdom knights painting some white roses red. Remi furrowed their eyebrows and walked up to them.

"Excuse me, where can I find the—" Remi's voice trailed off as the knights turned around. It was Natasha, Bruce, Thor, and Clint. They all wore red metal armor with different black symbols in the middle of their chest — Natasha had a heart, Thor had a club, Bruce had a diamond, and Clint had a spade.