Remi in Wonderland (2)

Running behind the white rabbit, Remi had absolutely no thoughts, no worries. Their one and only mission right now was to catch that rabbit. Why? They didn't know.

Finally, Remi cornered the rabbit at the end of the maze. There was a broken, old tree with a huge hole. Remi made eye contact with the white rabbit, slowly shaking their head 'no'. "Don't," Remi told the animal.

The white rabbit simply raised its pocket-watch again, tapping on the glass as it ticked. Then it turned around and jumped into the rabbit hole. Remi gasped and kneeled in front of the ditch, gazing into it.

"How deep does this go?" Remi wondered aloud, leaning forward, a mistake that caused Remi to fall into the pit themself.

Remi let out an ear-piercing scream as they fell in. When they noticed they weren't hitting the ground any time soon, they opened their eyes. There were a lot of bizarre things hovering around like a piano, chairs, mirrors, books.

Remi was falling very rapidly, but they were scared to hit the ground, if ever. Suddenly, a closed umbrella zipped past Remi, so they took the chance to grab it.

This shit only works in movies, Remi thought, but at this point, it's worth a try.

Quickly, they opened the umbrella, and with a pop, Remi was now slowly descending down, Mary Poppins style. Remi laughed to themself. "Holy shit," they muttered.

When they looked down, they saw the floor getting closer. It was black and white tile. Remi's feet softly landed. They closed the umbrella and set it down on the floor. Remi found themself in a room with various doors.

With a click of their small heels, Remi walked to the door directly in front of them. They tried to open it, but it was locked. It went on like this as Remi tried door by door by door.

All of them refused to open. Remi finally reached a curtain. They pried it open, expecting a door to be behind it. To their surprise, there wasn't.

The urge to look down won over them, and that's when Remi spotted a small door in which only something as small as a mouse could enter. Remi sighed.

They turned on their heel to try and find another way out, but out of the blue, in the middle of the room, there sat a round glass table that wasn't there before. There was a bottle shut with a cork, a ribbon tied around it with a tag that said "Drink Me". There was a suspicious pink liquid inside.

Remi grabbed the bottle and thought about all the possibilities. I could either die or not die, was all Remi could truly care about. So they popped the cork off and took a swig of the mystery liquid.

It tasted like cherry at first, then chocolate, then banana, then medicine, and finally, Remi felt everything around them grow bigger... or were they getting smaller?

Remi shrunk to the size of a rodent. Giz would have a field day with this, they thought. They ran to the tiny door that was now the perfect size. They turned the doorknob, and with a click, it opened.

As the door slowly swung outwards, Remi was immediately met with a dark forest. There was only a path going forward and a bunch of trees surrounding the dirt path. Remi then noticed how, although they had shrunk, everything seemed normal-sized.

They took a step out onto the path, examining the woods ahead of them. When Remi turned around to look at the room they were leaving behind, the door was gone. Now, there was only a tall stone wall. There was no way other than forward.

Remi began their journey into the unknown, a sort of uneasiness taking over them. After a few minutes, they could make out two people standing side by side in the distance. Remi excitedly ran up to the two strangers, and then they saw it wasn't strangers at all.