(19) Back off

"I can't believe y'all made me get up earlier just to go for coffee before shooting" I said from the back seat, folding my hands while looking out of the window. Beside me was Joe. Sebastian was sitting in the passenger's seat, while Kit was driving.

"You're happy to be with us you jackass" Joe laughed as he bumped into my shoulder as a joke. Then he leaned in.
"Double dates are fun, you know" he whispered so only two of us could hear.

"I like your annoying attitude, but please shut up now" I said as I held my hand in front of his face.

"I'm taking our table!" Joe said to us as we entered the coffee shop, running to table in the corner, at which we usually sit.

"I'm going to sit down as well" Seb said, following Joe's steps.

"Do you remember theirs orders?" Kit looked at me, at which I just shook my head.

It seemed like they exactly knew what we were talking about, because I heard Joe yell from the table. "Latte and cappuccino, thanks!"

"Well, now you know their orders" I looked up to him. Seeing his face made me smile a bit.

"You are group of idiots" he said, smirk appearing on his face.

"Your idiots though" I added as I looked away from him.

"Yeah, mine" he said as he took step forward to the counter for order, at which I just followed him.

"Can we please have latte, cappuccino, espresso and.." he looks at me waiting for me to add my order to their list.

"Can I have espresso as well, please?" I said straight to the woman behind the counter.

Kit looked at me, and I could see small smile on his face.

"That would be all, thank you" Kit said.

After that, both of us went to the table.

"Another time, can y'all please tell me the order sooner?" Kit said as he sat down.

"It was right on time though" Joe laughed as he ironically rolled his eyes.

We all laughed at his silliness.

"Faith?" I heard well-known voice behind my back. Who else would it be than this guy.

Seeing Richard was not on my today's list. But here we go, I guess.

All of the guys looked at him too. I'm not sure if Sebastian know who that is, judging on his confused face. Joe's and Kit's death stares spoke for all of it.

"I thought maybe we could start again? We didn't take that in right way. I don't think those texts were polite, whoever send them" Richard said, looking at me like I was stupid. This guy doesn't make any sense.

"I'm pretty satisfied with those texts" I finally spoke. From the corner of my eye, I could see Kit smirk a bit.

"Give me just one more chance Faith, you won't regret it" Richard said.

Richard is something I never understood. He's not only stupid, but also manipulative as hell.

"I told you to back off mate, didn't I?" Kit stood up from the table, looking at Richard.

"Oh, so those text came from him?" Richard looks at me as he tilted his head in Kit's direction.

"Got any problem with that?" Kit said, folding his arms.

"It would be better if you gave me another chance. You don't want everyone around you knowing your whole past, don't you?" he said, looking at me.

"We already do, and so what?" Kit frowned at him. "You should leave. You're just embarrassing yourself"

"Who do you think you are?" Richard took step forward to Kit.

"You should back off, and leave her alone" Kit said, not moving a muscle.

"What If I don't? What if I tell everything to everyone? You can do nothing with it" Richard said.

"Do it and see what happens" Kit said, not fucking with Richard at all.

Richard seemed like he was thinking at the moment. At the end he turned around.
"Fuck this" he mumbled as he walked away.

As he did, I pulled Kit down by his sleeve, so he would sit down.

"Thank you, a lot" I said in lower voice, putting my hand over his under the table, at which he gave me a smile.

"Psychooo" Joe said, taking sip from his coffee.

"Who was that?" Seb asked, obviously confused as ever.

"I'll tell you in the car"

"Who would ever do something like that? That's fucked up" Sebastian frowned, throwing his hands around after I told him the whole story.

"Yeah, it's in the past now though" I said and smiled, at which Kit offered me hand, which I took.

I was currently sitting at the passenger's seat, so I was next to Kit who was driving.

"You sure you're okay?" he said quietly, at which I just nodded.

Suddenly, the car slowed down and I realized we were at the place.

"Last shooting day, here we go" Joe said, leaving the car first, after which Seb followed him.

"Thank you a lot, Kit" I said immediately as I saw we were alone.

"That's nothing, truly" he said softly.

"It is. To me it is" I said softly as well.

He looked at me, and with smile spread his arms.

I nodded and gave him a big hug.

"When I'm around you don't need to be worried about anything, Fay" he said while he was caressing my hair.

I've never felt this secure with anyone.