Chapter Eight: Stolitz: To A Heart's Content

4:00 am
Goetia Mansion

Blitz woke in a cold sweat, panting. He ran his hand over his face, breathing heavy. He had woken from a nightmare, something that had happened in the past and he hated reliving the memory. He looked over at the sleeping figure beside him and managed a fond smile. He removed himself from Stolas' arms and put on a shirt, and walked over to the balcony and sat on the smooth tile of the floor. He had taken a cigarette out of his jacket pocket and lit it with the lighter he snagged from the dresser. He kept replaying the memory in his head. He looked at his scarred hands and stubbed out the lighted cigarette on the ground, sitting with his knees tucked to his chest and his tail wrapped around his waist, making himself feel small. He stifled the tears that threatened to spill, as well as the broken sobs that escaped through his mouth. He didn't feel wings wrap around him until he felt soft and fluffy feathers pressed against his back. Stolas. He leaned back into his lover's embrace.

"Blitzy... Is everything alright?" the Goetia prince asked and softly rubbed his feathers against Blitz's horns, scrawny limbs wrapping around his lover. The imp sighed quietly, shaking his head. Over the last two years, he'd begun to open more and more about his past life when he was younger and in the circus. He took a deep breath, curling himself around Stolas and stayed in his lap, finding comfort in his lover's arms. The prince didn't say anything but held his impish partner. Doing what he could to comfort the other, Stolas began to hum a lullaby, one that he'd sung to Octavia when she was younger. The imp looked at the prince with a puzzled expression.

"What?"

"Are you humming a lullaby?"

"I am. Via loved it when she was an owlette," Stolas said with a small chuckle. The imp shrugged with a small smile.

"Is it helping?"

"What?"

"My humming. Is it helping?"

"... Yeah," he mumbled before standing up and tugged the owl with him, linking their hands together and pulled him back to bed. Since the bed was made for an avian bird rather than an imp, Blitz jumped onto the bed, thanking Stolas when the bird helped him up and lay beside him after taking his robe off and laying it on the end of the bed frame. Smiling softly at the imp, Stolas curled his arms around him and pulled him to his chest.

"Sleep, sweetheart," he whispered and held him close. Blitz hummed in reply and nodded, curling up close to his lover's chest and soon enough, he fell asleep rather quickly.

10:00 am

Stolas was the first to wake up when he smelled burning.

"Wha-?" he questioned as he put on his robe and headed down the stairs towards the kitchen, rubbing his eyes. He froze in the doorway when he saw Blitz trying to cook breakfast but that wasn't ending well in his favour. He looked at his partner with wide eyes. Octavia and Loona looked over at Stolas.

"It's been like this for two hours, dad," Octavia said, sipping on coffee. Loona agreed, chuckling, finding the situation hilarious. She shared it with M&M who she knew were either waking up, having sex, or on their way to the palace. Stolas cleared his throat to get his lover's attention. The imp jumped, resulting in setting the pan on fire.

"Blitz, darling..." Stolas said as he leaned down to kiss the imp's horns, and with a simple flick of his wrist, things were back to normal and the kitchen wasn't on fire, nor would it be in ashes. The imp looked embarrassed and guilty of his actions. Seeing the look on his lover's face, Stolas got to Blitz's level and kissed him softly on his horns, wanting to assure him that he didn't do anything wrong because he didn't. It was a simple mistake; though because the imp had trauma himself, he felt like he had to make it up and he felt like he had to do something in order to make it up. He knew he didn't have to, but... It would make him feel better. He hummed and looked at Stolas, seeing those red eyes he loved so much stared right back at him.