Chapter, 35. (Present time)

And with a groan, Tsuna turned into the lane where Mizuki told her to meet up, squinting at the weirdly lit buildings here.

They seemed very.. like Mizuki, neon pink lights blasting out of almost every building, and weird pink bows on the signboards of the places.

Where the hell did they bring me?, was all Tsuna could think as she locked the car's door and headed toward the building they had mentioned. Something.. kimi? she recalled.

Kimi no Yoru wo Kure, Tsuna corrected when she spotted the place, looking equally as blinding as all the other places in this street before walking to it with a flinch.

It didn't have a bell when you walked in, unlike the ice cream place, and as soon as she walked in, she was met with blasting music. Oh god, a bar.

Tsuna hated bars, and she literally did not understand why Mizuki brought her here despite knowing that.

An oddly familiar, yet blurry blue-haired lady kept eyeing at her from across the hall, and it made her only feel worse, so she locked all her other thoughts away and started skimming the room.

Rather.. bold outfits were draped across, what she noticed, women, who were a majority here, and almost all of them radiated off the same vibe as Mizuki.

At that moment, a chaste hand was placed on her shoulder, a comforting warmth compared to the rest of the roughly air-conditioned room, and Tsuna turned around to take in the wide grin that was Mizuki.

"Well hi, bitch."

Tsuna whisper-yelled, squinting to make her glare more impactful when Mizuki just pouted in response.

"I'm sorry, okay?! I was back in this street after a long time, and I just had to bring you, and I kinda.. mixed you up with my old best friend."

If Tsuna's jaw could drop any further, it would dig a hole into the ground and fill a bottle with underground water and hurl it at her best friend, but being too damn tired to complain any further she just said,

"You're too honest for your own good, kid."

It was a running joke that Tsuna called Mizuki a child, despite telling her that she was younger than them, which was.. kind of, not true, but that's why the joke makes sense.

Actually, now that I rethink that, no it doesn't.

Anyway.

Mizuki mumbled a shut up along with a punch to her shoulder, before dragging her out of the increasingly awkward building, and as they rushed to the back gardens, Tsuna got a close look at her clothes in something other than nauseating pink LEDs.

A pink, oversized sweater ontop a formal white button up, and jean shorts with weird outline-pink writing that were far too short for Tsuna to comprehend seeing on her friend. Honestly, it was way bolder than the usual outfits Mizuki had whenever they were together, and she wondered why, for they weren't even staying in the bar which they told her to meet up at.

You can't possibly be this dressed up for a garden trip, right?, Tsuna thought, yet a part of her reminded her that Mizuki wasn't the type to dress up for any particular occasion, and that they were the type to just dress nice for themself. And they were right.

Overall, Mizuki did look very nice tonight, with a small braid in their hair which was clipped back, and the rest left to sit perfectly on their shoulders, and Tsuna was grateful to have a pretty sight after a long day of pained life.

"What'd you bring me here for?" Tsuna found herself uttering the words when they stopped infront of a lovely array of rose bushes, yet something that slightly put her off were the fact that they were red, and Mizuki didn't take her to the pink roses, which were just a few yards away.

When Mizuki turned to face Tsuna for the first time since their rendezvous and swallowed a lump in their throat, staying completely silent and staring into her eyes for a few seconds, she immediately knew something was wrong.

What is it, Tsuna was about to start, when—

"Tsun, I have something to tell you."

The chilling evening air ran through her hair, transporting those words to her ears with a shiver, and Tsuna found herself speechless, a simple nod in response.

"I—" Mizuki started, only to immediately cut themself off, running a shaking hand through their hair, effectively messing up the neatly set braid and caused a few stray strands to cover their right eye.

Tsuna gently brushed them away, and Mizuki could see well again, though this time, it was as if there was an unfamiliar sparkle in their eye, and they hadn't once left Tsuna's, and deep inside, Tsuna was afraid it was what she thought it was, but it was Mizuki, so it couldn't possibly be that, right?

But then again, it was Mizuki, and that was exactly why it seemed so possible, and Tsuna knew Mizuki inside-out, and that was exactly why she couldn't accept it if they were really going to tell them what she thought they were gonna say, and despite the pink-haired's gentle, loving eyes assuring her that it would be fine no matter what her response, she couldn't help the uneasy feeling that came along with what if what she was thinking was right, and how she possibly couldn't forgive herself if she had ever hurt Mizuki.

She had always been so afraid of hurting Mizuki, and if they really did say it right now, then Mizuki would practically be serving their heart to Tsuna on a plate, just waiting for it to be destroyed, and Tsuna couldn't handle that.

Yet even then, she didn't stop them.

She didn't stop them.

And that's why they continued, voice sweet and airy,

"I love you more than anything, Tsuna."