7 - Good Without

**FLASHBACK – 2001**

I had been signed to the record label and now I was being thrusted onto the scene without much training or warning. My privacy had now been taken away and I could barely even go to the store without being seen or photographed. I had used an advance from the record label to buy a house with a little bit more privacy in a gated community.

"I don't know about this Hollie, I mean I won't know anyone at this party and I'm like 2 of the singers, mostly everyone is actors." I said as we rode in the car to this younger Hollywood actors party. I was invited by the record label. It was so young, up and coming people in the industry could meet and maybe get some friendships or even connections.

Hollie Mason was who I hired to be my publicist and assistant was now constantly with me. She was my age, so we understood each other, and she was going to be a big help to me. Yes, she was young and people said she got the job since she was my managers daughter which may have been true but I liked having someone my age always around.

"Everything will be fine, you need to just calm down. You look hot and everything will go amazingly. You just have to sing the new single, you debut single, and everything will be fine." Hollie said and I groaned.

"Yeah, I know...I just wish I had another song to sing. I was hoping to keep this song just on the album and never release it." I said. Hollie just looked at me.

"Why? Is it about someone?" She asked and I half nodded. "And he doesn't know?" She asked and I nodded again.

"He has no clue. Hell, I don't even know where he is." I said.

"Wow...well shocker to him when he hears it then." Hollie huffed and I just gave a small laugh.

We arrived at the party, and I saw the red carpet. I looked down and my short sparkly dress. It was red near the top but darkened to black by the bottom. Hollie picked it and said it would be perfect. I got out of the car once the door was opened for me and I smiled seeing all the flashed of cameras.

"Just walk the carpet, smile for the photographers and then do some interviews. Everyone is excited to see you." She said and I nodded. She was hyping me up and I knew that but it was at that moment I wished I had someone by my side, my parents couldn't make it and the only other person who could calm me down when I was this nervous was Chris...Chris Evans...the man who I hadn't talked to, seen, or heard from in about 2 years. I was hoping he was getting everything he ever wanted, I knew I was.

"Frankie! Look this way!"

"Frankie! Over here!"

"You look amazing Frankie!"

I heard the photographers yelling and I smiled, posing for pictures.

This was becoming easier as I stood and had pictures taken. Hollie walked over to me and kept me moving to some interviewers and I was just talking about the album, the music, where I came from and everything. That's when I heard his name called.

"CHRIS! Right this way!" The photographer yelled. I looked over and saw Chris standing there with his arm around a girl's waist and they were smiling at each other.

"Chris and Jessica! Look over here!"

Chris Evans was here but he had a date...Jessica Biel...

So, the rumors I had heard were true, he had moved on and was able to find time to have a girlfriend and work on the acting thing it looked like. Well good for him, I guess I just wasn't the one he wanted to make the time for.