Chapter Seven

Phoenix followed Suki while Sokka talked to her "I know why you wanted us off your lsland

Phoenix followed Suki while Sokka talked to her "I know why you wanted us off your lsland. I'd have done the same thing." Phoenix looked around the smaller island houses, they weren't big but were big enough to live inside. Multiple people were walking around the village and doing their own things, it was peaceful at Kyoshi Island, unlike the fire nation.

"It's a big responsibility, all these people's lives in your hands. Personally, I take that responsibility very seriously.... I uh- I am the guardian of my village too" Suki turned her head to look at the talking teen "You? A guardian? So... how are you protecting your people if you're here?" Suki questioned him "what? I'm not." Phoenix tried her best not to laugh at the awkward situation "I mean.. I am... I may not psychically be there, but still" Sokka stuttered his words "is he trying to impress her?" Phoenix whispered to Katara, who had a smile on her face "I honestly don't know what he's trying to do.." She answered back. Aang, was holding in his laugh.

"Katara how does it go again?" Sokka turned around at his sister "I'm protecting Aang, so I'm protecting the village..." Suki continued to walk, Sokka noticed it and ran after her, "The point is we have a lot in common. We're both warriors, right?" Suki answered quickly "Before she died, Avatar Kyoshi trained an elite force in her image. One ready to protect not only our homes, but our way of life. That tradition has been passed down though the generations and it is now my honor to protect this community and to uphold the values of the Avatar. That is why I'm not just a warrior, I'm a Kyoshi Warrior" With that being said, Suki walked away from the dumbfounded Sokka, his mouth was agape. 

"nice try Sokka" Phoenix looked at him, he closed his mouth shut "Pff- she knows I'm a warrior" Sokka rolled his eyes "well, I'm going to look around this village, meet you guys soon" Phoenix said before exploring the place. While walking around the village, a sweet smell came from a building, Phoenix followed the delightful smell and ended up in a room full of food, there was an older woman cooking. "wow" Phoenix said in awe.

The old woman turned around "Ah yes, you must be the visitor" She had a wooden spoon in her left hand and a pot on the stove "Yeah, I'm Phoenix." She went over to the woman with her hand out "Hua" Instead of shaking her hand, she bowed in respect. "You made all of this?" Phoenix looked at the large variety of sweets and savory flavors "Indeed I did." She replied with a smile "It smells so good!" Hua went to the table and picked something up "what's this?" Phoenix questioned when Hua gave her a light pink dessert in a small bowl "It's called Fa Gao. Try it."   Phoenix picked the small dough-like treat and took a bite,  "wow" Was all that came out from her mouth "this is amazing!" Phoenix said loudly when she swallowed it "I'm glad you enjoy it" The smile on Hua's face got brighter "do you have more?" Hua nodded her head.

Soon after, Aang, Sokka and Katara went into the small building "oh, she's already here" Aang pointed in Phoenix's direction "you guys need to try Fa Gao" Hua let out a laugh "I must go, you four enjoy" She bowed one last time before walking outside. "What's Fa gao?" Katara asked when she saw down on the table "A really good treat" She answered when she sat on the side of Katara.

While they ate, Momo stole Sokka's food "Try that again drumstick" Sokka threatened "Hey now, let Momo live." Phoenix said before taking a bite out of a sticky rice cake. "You're not the one who's food was stolen." She rolled her eyes at Sokka's comment "there's plenty of those" 

A girl ran inside the place wearing all blue "are you really a airbender?" She sweetly asked Aang in curiosity, Aang got up from the floor with a silver spoon in his palm, he swiftly flew the spoon with his airbending "wow!" She stared at the flying spoon. She ran off outside, Aang decided to follow. Phoenix got off from the floor to see what Aang was doing, he was running around with the other children... like a child. "I feel bad for him" Phoenix said "why?" Sokka questioned with food still in his mouth "he has so much stress on him." Phoenix answered "We all do."

A/N

FINALLY A UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I was in a RUSH