Chapter Fourteen

Phoenix walked all the way back to Sai's house, where the others were staying at

Phoenix walked all the way back to Sai's house, where the others were staying at. When she opened the door, she saw a big clear barrel of green substance "what's that?" She pointed with her index finger towards the weird gooey thing "Blasting jelly" Aang answered her "The fire benders weren't behind the attacks" Aang added on which made Phoenix confused "then who was?" She got closer to the blasting jelly to analyze it, it had a light green color that jiggled every time you would poke the container "Jet" Sokka had a green cloth in his hands, similar to the one jet gave Katara to let them in Omashu "that could be anyone's" She defended jet, there's no way Jet would do such a thing.

"You're seriously defending a stranger?" Sokka asked the young woman "Yes, plus me and Katara saw Sai giving information to a fire bender" She informed the two boys in the room, earning an eye roll from Sokka, he didn't believe her. 

"You're not going to believe this, I know who's behind the bombings" Katara rushed in the house with the information she had "Sai is, he's been giving info to the fire nation" Katara added on, her voice filled with worry "Jet is." Sokka turned his head to Aang, wanting him to tell Katara "he's right. Look" Aang held out the brown cloth that he found by the blasting jelly in the cave "Jet is not the bad guy, Sai is" Katara stepped away from her brother

"Are you kidding me? Sai has done nothing but helped us, Jet's a con artist who lied to our faces." Sokka yelled "He didn't lie" Katara arms were out "he didn't tell the truth"Aang quietly spoke "He's fighting the fire benders, and he has to protect himself. Sai is the bad guy! He's talking to firebenders!" She yelled back with anger "We have a fire bender on our team" Sokka's eyes went to Phoenix, who kept quiet until she heard her name called. "she's not like them" Katara went to Phoenix's side "How do you know? Zuko and the fire nation been following us everywhere, what if she's telling them where we are?" Sokka crossed his arms over his chest, Phoenix couldn't believe what he just said.

"I am not a traitor. I left the fire nation and haven't spoke to them in forever" Phoenix truthfully told Sokka, she felt her face get hot and red because she was getting angry at the suggestion she was the bad guy "How do we know that? Maybe we should leave you here, or better yet back at the fire nation where you belong" Phoenix clenched her jaw and her hands balled up "Fine, I'll leave. Wouldn't be the first time I'm unwanted" With that, Phoenix left the house, she heard Katara calling her name but she ignored it.

She ran as fast as she could until she hit someone on accident "oh I'm sorry" She apologized, it was Knifecutter "it's alright" He bent down and picked up his metal knife "hey, what's wrong?" His face softened when he saw how sad she looked "Got kicked out from a house" Phoenix answered him, they both started to walk with each other "Why's that?" He hummed "I was defending you and Jet. My... friend..." She paused for a second "Was talking bad about you guys" Knife cutter turned his head with a smile "maybe you should join our team" He suggested to her "maybe I will" 

"excuse me" And older guy with a gray beard got their attention "will you like to try one of my cabbages?" Phoenix looked at knife cutter before looking back at the man "Sure" He had a huge smile, she was his first costumer "thank you" She held the green cabbage in both of her hands "Are you going to eat it?" The old man asked her "I'm not that hungry right now.." His mouth lowered in sadness "but I will when it's lunch" He nodded his head fast

"You know, if you're going to join our team I can help you train" He looked down at the green cabbage that was in Phoenix's hand, the cabbage was hard and warm since it being out in the sun for quite some time "you would really train me, a stranger?" Phoenix saw the smile on his face "Of course, you need to be strong" He looked at her "I have a play where we can train, it used to be our little hide out" Phoenix raised her dark eyebrow "it'll be fun" He had a cheerful smile "Fine, where is it?" She asked him "we're close, don't worry"

Soon after they both made it, the place was rather messy. There were leaves everywhere with moss growing over rocks "yeah uh its pretty dirty, sorry" He apologized to the woman "no big deal" She walked around the area, looking at all the wooden structures that now were ruined "the fire nation found us here, the took everything." Knife cutter sadly spoke, remembering the horrible events. "I'm so sorry" Phoenix placed her hand on his shoulder in a comforting way "It's not your fault" He put a fake smile on his face "I used to throw my knifes here" Knife cutter went to a wooden board with clear cuts in it "I still train over here, its peaceful." Phoenix smiled at the boy "I can teach you how to throw a knife" He took out a sharp knife from his pocket "I don't know.." She trailed off her words, she didn't want to waste his time "It's a great way to defend yourself" Phonefix finally gave in, agreeing to the boy suggestion.

"So what's your name?" Phoenix asked with the tan boy who gave her his knife "I'm Malik" He finally admitted to her his birth name "But I go by Knife cutter." He added on "Malik's a nice name" The teen smiled at her compliment "Thanks" Phoenix's hand shook as she aimed the knife "Now, remember to just focus" Phoenix nod her head, a few seconds later she threw the knife, completely missing the board. 

"Shit" phoenix cursed, Malik rushed to where the knife landed, he quickly ran back to the ginger "This time I'll help you" Malik put the knife back in her palm, he then stood behind her "Raise your hand up" Malik's hand was on top of her pale ones "Don't shake your hand, it'll make it harder to aim" Malik's soothing voice made her calm, she breathed in and out "Imagine the board as your worst enemy" Phoenix sighed as she imagined her horrible mother "now throw it" Malik removed his hand from hers, she threw the knife at the board, successfully hitting the red mark "You did it!" Malik yelled in happiness. Phoneix couldn't help the smile brought on her face "I think you will be a professional" Malik stood in front of her, both of them stared at each other  while he gave her back the knife, Phoenix felt her heartbeat fasten, her palms getting sweaty. Malik licked his lips as his eyes narrowed down to her lips, Phoenix then remembered the information Aang and Sokka told her, about jet's crew.

"Sorry" Phoenix took a small step back "yeah.." Malik looked down at the ground "Can I ask you a question?" Phoenix got his attention "What is it?" Malik's eyes went to hers yet again "Um.. are you planning on something evil?" Phoenix bit her lip while she asked the question, wanting to make sure that Sokka and Aang were right about what they saw "What do you mean?"

"You aren't... planning on killing Sai.. right?" Malik shook his head "I don't understand?" Phoenix loudly sighed "I know Jet and his crew are going to bomb Sai." Malik's mouth opened in a 'O' shape, realizing what she was talking about "Look, that's all Jet. I tried to tell him it was a bad idea" Malik defended himself, Phoenix saw the shine in his brown eyes, he was telling the truth. "Look," Malik walked closely to the young woman "You have time to stop Jet from hurting Sai, you need to go" He told Phoenix with his hand on top of hers, her grip on the knife got tight when his warm hand were placed ontop "Go." Malik looked at her one last time before she ran off, she had to be quick or Sai would get hurt, even though he talked with undercover fire benders, he didn't deserve to die.

Phoenix ran throughout the streets, she saw three familiar faces "guys!" Phoenix ran towards them, until she saw two other people, Zuko and Iroh, standing in front of them. "Hello, Phoenix."  He smirked once see saw his old friend.

A/N

SORRY FOR THE LONG UPDATE!!! I WAS WORKING ON OTHER BOOKSSSSs

Anyways why did this chapter low-key suck towards the end? ANYWAYS