Chapter 14

-One Year Later-

"Jenny put in order for cheese. Oh and vegetables."

"Got it!"

I scroll through inventory while I get Aeliana to sleep. The fussy little brat refused to close her eyes.

"OK the shipment will be here tomorrow. Want me to open tomorrow?"

"If you don't mind doing it again. I'm still on maternity leave."

"I'm more than happy to."

"Thank you."

After Jenny left I walk around the garden to get this little one to sleep. I'm glad she look nothing like Dragar. Though she got his hair. She was born with so much hair it's unbelievable.

After a few hours of walking around Aeliana fell asleep. I can finally do her laundry. I don't know why babies went through much clothes a day.

I went inside and bring her to the nursery. She stretched before falling back asleep. I sigh and get the laundry basket.

I did the laundry and make something to eat.

"Madam there is someone at the gate asking for you."

"Did they say their name?"

"Jala."

What does she want now?"

"Let her up." I turn the stove off and went to the door. I open it and wait for Jala.

I soon saw her coming up the driveway. She look like every modern day women. She look good.

"Salem. Its been a while."

"It has. What can I help you with?"

"Dragar send me here. He want to make sure you're OK."

"I'm fine."

"The war is over."

"That's good."

"I don't know what happened between you two but I hope one day you can forgive him. And do it fast. That bitch is tip toeing to him."

I chuckle. "We can never be the same as before Jala."

"Please. Just come and meet daughter. I name her after you."

This could go two way. I disappointed Jala or Dragar find out about Aeliana. Life is not playing fair.

"OK. I'll be right back." I don't want to disappoint Jala and Aeliana look nothing like Dragar so she's safe.

I head up to the nursery and get her bag that I always have ready to go. I pick her up from the crib and head back down.

"You have a baby?"

"I'm not getting any younger. Let's go." I walk to my car and strap Aeliana in. I make sure she's lying down cause she's not old enough to sit up yet. "Get in."

I get behind the wheel and start the car.

"She's a month old. She's turning one next year."

"So you got pregnant in November and give birth in July."

"Yep. I'm surprise it was a easy birth."

"I'm glad." I smile at him and continue eating. "So what's her last name?"

"Don't worry she got yours. I'm not that heartless." I get up and put the cup in the sink. I stretch and put away the clean dishes. Dragar must have wash them. I'm thankful anyway. "How is Jala and her baby?"

"She's OK. She has alot of babysitters."

"I can see that going well." It's funny imagining big men babysitting a tiny baby.