Chapter 1

Nowadays nothing surprises people. We've lived among vampires, trolls, mermaids...you name it. Its like one big family.

What we didn't know was that something is missing. We didn't know what it is until it-well them-walk through the door of the bar. Not a very lady like place to work but who cares.

Anyway they came in with these giant axes. It's blade almost as big as them. The bar was dead silent as on lookers watch to see what would happen.

They pull out chairs at a back table and dwarf the place. There are three in total but there's more somewhere.

Jenny, one of the many waitresses went over to them sweating buckets.

I flinch when the blade hit the wooden floor. There's really no reason to fear orcs. The hate probably spring from vampires cause they hate when people are above them and Orcs are. There are known to not have weaknesses and are rather deadly on the battlefield.

So much for one big family ah. Yeah its not one big family.

"Large beers." Getting the cups off the shelf I fill them up and hand them to Jenny.

"Deep breaths Jen."

"I'm trying." Sbw walk back over to the table to give them their beers.

The door open and more orcs came in. Women this time and Lord they are huge. They are half the men size and the men are giants.

I guess they need more beers. I fill up more cups and Jenny just come and pick them up.

From the corner of my eyes I see Sean stand up. He's a damn troublemaker and he know better than to try me.

The group laugh and I know he's up to something.

"Sean don't even think about it." I give him a look that could kill.

"Come Salem."

"I said no Sean. Go near them and I will beat you until you're black and blue."

"Whatever." Jenny came over to the counter and sit down.

"I can't believe you said that to Sean."

"Asshole like pissing me off."

"Why don't you come behind the counter and I'll take your place."

"You're a lifesaver."

Checking the time I see its almost midnight.

"Sean time to go home. Come on out."

"But we're not done."

"Sean Roberts get your ass up now and go home." He groan and get up with his friends. "Bye. Its almost midnight everyone."

I get to work wiping down the empty tables and flipping the chairs. People we're starting to leave so only the orcs were left.

"Jenny you and the others can head home."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Go."

"OK. See you tomorrow."

I head into the kitchen to see what's left. Everything has been washed up and the leftovers were place in the fridge.

I head back out and wave to the ground.

"Anyone of you want food? I have alot leftover."

"We'll take it,"one of the women said. I nod and went back to the kitchen. After warming it up I laddle it out into bowls and bring it out. "Why are you being this nice?"

"Why shouldn't I? Everyone is welcome here. Don't be afraid to come here."

I head back to the kitchen and fill the dishwasher.

"Salem!"

"Fucking hell."

I wipe my hands off and went back out.

"What do you want Samuel."

"I need more money."

"No. You don't get to walk in here and asked for money. I will not pay off your debts."

"Come on Salem."

"I said no Samuel now leave. Find a way to pay off your own debt. I know how you can do it. Get a damn job."

"Mom said to take care of me."

"You're 21 now get the fuck out."

I kick him out and lock the door. Fucking asshole.