Chapter 16

I woke up to silence which is unusual. Aeliana is anything but silent. Especially when it's feeding time. That girl got a pair of lungs on her when she want food.

I get up and walk to the nursery. I open the door and I almost have a heartattack when I saw the crib empty.

I turn around and ran downstairs.

"This is hard."

I stop when I heard the familiar voice. My heart slow as the rising panic fades.

"I give your mom props for this. OK here we go."

I enter the kitchen to see him feeding Aeliana.

"Hey you're up."

"When did you get here?"

"When she woke. Sorry if I scare you."

"It's OK." I give him a side hug before walking to the fridge. "You figure out the milk."

"Just have to read. But it's hard."

"You'll get the hang of it. I'm a first time parent too."

I pour some orange juice and get a bag of oreo before sitting at the counter. I saw the disgust on his face when I dip the oreo in the orange juice.

"The pregnancy craving is there."

Aeliana burp and Dragar look at me.

"She's full,"I said witha grin. He set the bottle on the counter and put her on his shoulder.

"She's so light."

"She's a newborn. They are all light. So how is Jala and her baby?"

I get up and bring the cup to the sink.

"She's OK. She have a rough delivery so she's taking it easy. Her husband has the duty of taking care of Salem."

"Good."

I put away the dry dishes away and wipe down the counters.

"Any plans for today? I was planning OK going to the cafe."

"No."

"Good you're coming with."

"Still bossy I see."

"That will never change. I'm glad you're here though. I should have let you know earlier. I'm sorry."

"I don't blame you. I never will blame you for protecting yourself and your child. But I'm not going anywhere Salem. Not now, not ever."

I smile at him and left the kitchen. Maybe there is redemption for us after all.