5

Akane pov:
Today after practice, I was on my way to the manager to hand him back the studio keys.

"Manager... here are the studio keys", I exclaim quietly as I pull the keys out and poke my head towards the door.

"Are you trying to get yourself fired!? Huh!?", I heard the president yell at the manager. "Recently I heard that the reality show is appearing in got really popular, so I watched it, but what's the meaning of this!? She didn't even get 10 minutes of screen time, am I right?!", I heard him yell again. I looked down to the ground with wide eyes as I kept listening. "You said it would be a great chance for her, but she hasn't stood out a single bit!! What do you want us to do if you can't guide her well as her manager??"

He spat these words with venom. My heart bumped fast out of shock and fear. I was frozen in place.

"But president sir... Akane has been giving her utmost-", manager started before he was cut off when the president slammed his palms on the desk.

"Just doing your best isn't going to make us money! She was chosen to appear in the show out of so many people who want a role in it. You have to make her leave her mark, no matter what!!", the president screamed.

I was in lost thoughts. Was it really worth being in the show if I'm practically invisible? But, Y/N is pretty much too. The same goes for Aqua. We three don't really put the attention in us. But now I realized that I should've done the opposite of what I was doing.

Manager left the office and saw me at the doorway with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry manager", I apologized quietly, forcing to hide back my tears.

"No, I'm sorry. You heard everything, didn't you?", he asks me nervously. "You have given your all, Akane, so you don't have to take that to heart. I promise I will protect you properly", he assured me in his friendly manner as he left.

When he was a few meters away, I started quivering and trembling, feeling hard to hold back my tears. I then start crying. "Waaa... it's because I'm such a disappointment...", I whine a little while crying. "I have to work harder...", I start as I rummage through my things. I pull out my notebook and wipe my tears with one of my hands. "And do my best... to leave a mark...", I mumble as I look at what I wrote down on my notebook.

What they're looking for is something more extreme
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I was currently sitting on my bed doing Egosearch through Twitter.

Yeah! I'm watching LoveToday. Yuki-chan is cute, I like her! I don't really like or dislike Akane, she has no presence. The same goes for Y/N. No wonder they are close friends.

I felt depressed. "I have to give this my all...", I tell myself.

It's bad that I was talked down about, but involving Y/N in this isn't something that I'd enjoy at all. Not even a bit. I just felt distastefulness reading such comments.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Aqua pov:
I saw MEM and Kengo doing poses in front of MEM's phone.

"What are you doing?", I ask them in a deadpan.

"You know about the show's official Twitter and TikTok? I'm taking a video to upload it there~", MEM replied to my question with a kissing face in front of the camera.

"Oh?", I ask her dumbfounded.

"It's gotten quite the few subs. Well... since I've been posting it, that's a given!", MEM reasoned.

"Speaking of which, weren't you originally a TikToker?", Kengo asked MEM.

"Yup. At that time, TikTok didn't have any monetization or a way for fans to contribute directly, so I became a YouTuber", MEM explained. "Aqu-tan, why don't you upload something too? You got the password, right?", MEM asked me.