Late Mother's day special + 1k readers special

It's Mother's Day. A day where people celebrate with their mothers.

Too bad that Oshi no ko characters are motherless except for Gotanda and Akane, but oh well. (I mean like biological mom)

Timeline: 12 years ago / Hoshino household

3rd pov:
"Aqua! Ruby!", a feminine cheerful voice calls for her kids.

"Quick Aqua! Hide it!", Ruby ordered her brother in a hushed tone.

"I'm trying. I'm trying", he mumbled.

"Hm? What are you two doing, Aqua, Ruby?", the woman asked.

"We... uh...", Aqua started as he looked for an excuse, but Ruby interrupted him.

"We were playing hide and seek!", Ruby answered.

"Near the stove?", the woman asked confused.

"Yes! Aqua was hiding in one of the cupboards, Mama!", Ruby answered and the mother moved her mouth in a 'o' position.

"I see", she said. Both of them didn't notice Aqua glaring at Ruby.

"Anyways, I was going to tell you that I am going to meet a friend, so you two should take care of each other", the woman said and the two children nod.

She then stood up and straightened her position before heading to the door.

"See you two later!", she yelled out before leaving the house.

Ruby and Aqua sighed in relief.

"Now we have more time to bake the cake without her noticing", Aqua told Ruby and she nodded.

Ai pov:
I was on my way to the hospital. I was already wearing my usual disguise so nobody would recognize me.

As soon as I arrived, I went to a particular hospital room and opened it, seeing them in such a state.

My heart aches seeing it, but I still smiled and went up to them.

Their skin was pale as they still had some bandages on their head.

"Y/N...", I started.

"How have you been? I bet you've been fantastic. I'm glad that you've been improving. But your father stopped visiting, huh? You probably are lonely", I said as I looked at them with a smile.

I then started humming a soft song that they usually enjoyed hearing when I was around.

"It's Mother's Day, you know? I wonder how life would be if your mother was around", I wondered.

I then stayed with them for an hour or two before leaving the hospital again and going back home.

Aqua pov:
"Come on! Be quick! Mama will be here soon!", Ruby yelled at me. How annoying.

Still I sighed and decided to ignore her as I continued doing the decorations.

By now, it looked good.

(Imagine it reads Happy mother's Day instead of Happy Birthday

(Imagine it reads Happy mother's Day instead of Happy Birthday.)

"She's here!", Ruby announced and me and her carried the cake cautiously towards Ai.

"Happy Mother's Day!", me and Ruby said. Ruby's voice was energetic while mine was somewhat calm.

Ai was surprised, but then smiled and for the rest of the day we ate cake, watched a movie and had a lot of fun. Ruby looked like she was in heaven.

What a weirdo.

Ai pov:
My children are just so smart. They learned how to bake a cake so quickly and it even tastes so good.

But my mind went back to Y/N. They and I haven't been celebrating Mother's Day for two years now. That's so unfortunate.

Not it's time for bed, so me and my children slept peacefully in our own beds.

Event has been ended.

Bye bye!