15

Play song later in chapter!!!^^ (I will tell you when) if you play it before I tell you that it's time, I'll be disappointed in you.

Anyways! Enjoy!

TW: gore

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silence floods the living room. You and the joker have been watching Pop perform some sort of ritual for a while, and now it is dark out. Nothing's happened so far apart from random flickers of glowing sparks every now and again that have only lasted a second or two at the longest. A grumble emits from your starved stomach. Rascal's ears perk back as he hears it at once and you spot his eyes landing on you. The two of you lock eyes. He nudges his head towards the kitchen as he begins lifting himself off of the floor.

You join him there.

"Sounds like someone needs a bite~." He whispers to you. "It's been 9 hours."

"I am not hungry," you whisper back, unable to take your eyes off Pop, who is still shut-eyed and throwing out his arms in circles, attempting to open a portal to Jubiland.

"You can't fool the fool (y/n)," the joker's voice loudens, "especially one with super hearing."

You hear the jester, but you can't look away from the living room. Anticipation runs rampant through your body.

"He'll still be here not doing squat when you finish," Rascal tries reassuring,  and this time you know full well he's looking right at you.

"He's also getting distracted by your conversation," Pop's voice sifts from the living room to the kitchen behind. "I need quiet."

"Eat"

Almost like a jumpscare, Rascal's voice jumps front and center of your brain. This startles you to the point of breaking your trance. You look at him, and pull whatever words you can together in your mind.

"You can still enter someone's thoughts?"  You furrow your brows at him.

He lifts one. "I'll give you the answer to that question when you pick up that granola bar from the cupboard and eat it."

You roll your eyes, but the annoyance isn't there, more shock that you have totally forgotten that the joker can do this. Reluctantly (though obediently,) you head to the pantry to grab the mentioned bar and take a bite.

"Okay, okay, I'm eating. Happy?"

"Ecstatic~" He teases with a hum, his higher-tone echoing in your mind. Then, "Seriously though, I know this is exciting, but it' can't be THAT exciting."

"There's a possiblity that we could see you-know-who. It might not matter as much to you but I'd say that is exciting. I know you're making less of the situation in an attempt to distract me, I do appreciate you looking out for me, I just...don't want to miss anything...or anyone...important. What if something appears, just for a second and I miss it?  And then Pop is unable to make the connection again? I'd never forgive myself."

You notice that your words jumble around a lot when having a conversation in your head.

"Take it from me (y/n), if you're worried about missing any sort of moment, you'll miss the whole show. I'm positive you won't miss a thing if you fulfil your basic human needs with the pace that pixie is going at. Heck, take a shower - there's no rush. I mean, who knows how long Pop's gonna keep sitting there waving his arms about like he's conducting an orchestra."

You cannot help but smile at his words. "That's your brother you're talking about there. He's doing the best he can."

Next you can hear the annoyance in the jester's tone as he starts. "Unfortunately, but hey, even the worst conductors need at least one heckler to give them the motivation to become better. Who knows, maybe he can hear our conversation and it'll give him the power to finally nail that grand finale...if there is one."