Claire and Holt

Claire's POV
_________________

I call Holt to come over since my two best friends just kicked me out of the room. "I can't believe they said they love each other!" I say to my mom, sister, and Luke's mom.

"I am so happy for them. I haven't seen Luke this happy in a long time. Especially with that Raina girl. I really didn't like her." Luke's mom says. I laugh because no one liked her. She's just awful. "But, Mikayla, she brings out a different side of him. He's so much more loving and helpful. This girl is definitely a keeper." She says as we can hear Mikayla laughing her head off. "Let's just hope he doesn't tickle her away." We all laugh.

I heard a knock on the back door and I went to open it. "Hey, Claire Bear. Hi, mom, Riley, and Mrs. Rose." Everyone says hi to him and we race upstairs. Once we were in my room he plops on the bed. "So, did they finally say it to each other?

"Yeah," I say while tossing a ball in my hands. "It was actually the cutest thing. She said it first."

He sits up, "Really!? How did he react? I know he said he wanted to say it to her first." He says, listening intently.

I giggle a little, "He actually froze for a minute. He scared us all, I know Kayla was freaked as well. He finally pulled her into a kiss and said it back."

He falls back into the bed, "Ahh. My brother, the lover. Who would've thought." I look at his face and I could tell he seemed a little sad.

"What's the matter, Holt?" I say, inching closer to him on the bed.

"I always thought I would have the girlfriend. But, the girl I like doesn't like me back." He says sitting up. He rubbed his neck nervously.

Since when did he have a crush and I not know about it. "Who is it?" I try to ask.

"You don't know her." He blurts out. "Just know that she's insanely talented, the most beautiful girl I can feast my eyes upon. She truly knows how to make me smile, even at my lowest points. She's perfect!" He beams.

I crawl next to him, excited that he has a huge crush on a girl. "Well, you know what I think you should do?"

"What?"

"Tell her how you feel. Or, if you too shy, just plant one on her. If she rips away, it was never meant to be, but if she kisses back, then you have the girl of your dreams. And trust me, I know any girl out there will kill for Holt Myers to love her!" I smile at him softly.

He pulls me into a deep hug. "Thanks, Claire Bear. I can always count on you." When we pull out of the hug, he surprises me. He kisses me hard and at first I started to melt, then I ripped away. I was in pure shock. "Sorry, Claire. I-I'll go."

I stood up and stopped him. I looked at him deeply in his eyes and kissed him. I had to test something out. I felt my whole body light up with electricity. I melted in his arms. I have never felt so safe in my life. I pull away slowly, "Wow." That was all I could manage to say. I wobble and fall into my bed. Did that just happen.

"Yeah, wow." He says sitting next to me. "Now, you know. I've been crazy about you for a long time, Claire. I just never knew how to tell you. You are the most perfect girl I could ever have the pleasure of knowing. I would love it if you would be my girlfriend, Claire." He's beaming ear to ear.

I couldn't put my thoughts together. This was my best friend in the whole wide world and I was terrified of what could happen if we broke up. I love him so much and it would kill me if we came out of this hating each other. "I... I don't know, Holt." I hesitate.

He pops on to his knees to face me better. "What's the matter. We are perfect for each other, right!" He sounds so excited and heart broken at the same time.

"What if we broke up, Holt, I can't bare to lose you. You're my best friend!" I spit out. I have tears swelling up in my eyes at the mere thought of losing him.

He grabs my shoulders, "What if we don't, Claire. This could be the most perfect relationship of our lives. Think about it. I know you have feelings for me too, you kissed me!"

"I know, I do! I just can't lose you." I say softly.

"Then, let's make a pact. No matter how things go, we will ALWAYS be best friends, deal?" He holds out his pinky.

I smile at him, "Deal." I say and we do our special pinky promise handshake.

"So, will you be my girlfriend?" He says, he looks as if he's going to burst from anticipation.

I pause for suspense. "YES!" I finally say!

"WOOO HOOOO!" He picks me up and spins me around. He pulls me down to his level and kisses me so softly. "I can't believe it! Claire Rose is finally my girlfriend!"

I giggled. "You're such a dork!" He kisses me again.

"I'm your dork!" He says and I giggle. "I have to tell everyone." He grabs my hand and pulls me downstairs. He's so stinking cute when he gets so excited. We make it to the kitchen, "CLAIRE ROSE IS MY GIRLFRIEND!" He shrieks at my mom, his mom, and Riley. Holt pulls me into a kiss and push him off, giggling.

"FINALLY!" They all say at the same time.

"Wait, did everyone know that Holt had a crush on me? Am I that clueless?" I ask.

"Yes, yes you are!" I turn around and Mikayla and Luke are walking in. She runs over and hugs me, "I am so happy for you! Freaking finally! It only took for Luke and I to admit that we're in love for you two to get that you belong together." She laughs. She walks over and hugs Holt. "You, my friend, are slow to the game."

Holt shoves her, playfully. "Shut it, Kayla." She giggles and so does everyone else.

Luke comes over to me, "Guess we really are brother and sister now, huh?" I laugh and nod my head. "I love ya, Claire Bear. It's about time."

As I pull away from Luke, I look at everyone and then at Mikayla. "I see what you mean, Kayla. This family can really make you feel like you just got engaged!"

"Right!" We all laugh.

This is going to change everything and I'm here for it. I finally have a boyfriend and Mikayla was right. It was going to be Holt. It was always Holt. I feel insanely lucky right now!

Authors note: Sorry no tickling again. Fair warning from now on, not every chapter will have tickling, but I will make sure that it's in at least every other! Thank you all so much for all of the reads!! WE JUST HIT 1K!!!