Double Trouble

"CLAIRE, MIKAYLA, RILEY, AND LUKE! COME DOWN STAIRS PLEASE!" I hear Claire's mom yell out. Luke and I get up from the bed and my face is red hot. Did she hear me screaming and what to address it?

Once we all were downstairs, her mom made the announcement. "We are all going on a family/friend vacation to ORLANDO, FLORIDA! SURPRISE!" She beams as she stretches out her arms in excitement. "So, Luke, your parents and brother are coming. Mikayla, you can invite a friend if you want—" she starts before she gets cut off by Luke.

"I am her friend. I'm her plus one, Mrs. Rose." Luke smiles as he interlocks my arm with his.

"Good to know, Luke. But, honey, if you want you have a friend you can invite them,"she says sweetly. I nod softly and rest my head on Luke, thankful for him being my person. "Claire, honey, you can invite a friend, but not that new boyfriend of yours. I haven't met him yet and it sounds brand new, okay?" Claire's mom looks concerned. She knows Claire will be bummed and her face surely showed it.

"I understand, mom. But, can I ask? It was dad who said no, wasn't it?" She says softly.

"You know your father." She chuckles, "but, I agree with him, Claire. Okay?" Claire just nods sadly.

"Hey, don't worry, Claire Bear, Holt will be there." Luke said teasingly. Holt is Luke's twin brother, fraternal twin, might I add. From what I heard, he has had a huge crush on Claire since they met and Claire being Claire is totally being oblivious.

Claire rolls her eyes a bit. "Whoopdy doo!" She says as she sarcastically spins her finger in a circle.

"Claire, honey, they are here now." Claire's mom states. Claire's face got red hot as she spun around. There was Holt, rubbing his neck in embarrassment. "And Riley, you can invite your boyfriend if you would like." Riley is Claire's older sister. She's only a year older than us, but she treats us as if we're little kids. "Alright, so, go upstairs and get packing! Girls let me know who you want to bring, if anyone!" Her mom walks over to Luke's mom and they go off to have "girl time" together.

I watch as Holt approaches us. "Sup, man! Hey, Kay Kay!" I wave at him gleefully. Holt is fun and tells the BEST jokes ever! "So, Claire, you're upset about me coming on the trip with you." There he goes, rubbing his neck like an idiot.

I watch in amusement as Claire stutters to apologize. "N-no. Holt I di-didn't mean it li-like that. I just have a new boyfriend and I really wa-wanted him to come. I'm so-sorry." Then like magic, Claire rubs her neck. I roll my eyes and fold my arms. They are so meant for each other.

Holt catches me as I do this and scolds me. "Is something worth your attitude, missy?"

I panic. "What!? No! I was just thinking of a joke that... didn't... make..... sense?" Someone facepalm.

Luke laughs at me. "You would think you seen a ghost, Kay. Hey! I have an idea." Oh no, I thought, please not another Luke original idea. "Let's play, the tickler." He says as he wiggles his fingers at me making me pull away.

I shudder at the thought of another tickle torture. "How about we don't do that, Luke. Thanks." I say while patting him on the back.

Holt ponders this for a moment. "No, no. I think we definitely should play. Boys against girls. Whoever catches who tickles them."

Claire and I exchange terrified looks. "Well hold on a second" Claire says and I can hear it in her voice she sees a loop hole. "That means if we catch you we get to tickle you, right!" Yes! That's my girl!

The boys look at each other and laugh hysterically. I turn to Claire, "we better run." Claire nods and we take off so fast you could've seen smoke!

"Hey! That's cheating! Get back here girls!" Luke says on our tail.

We decided to run to the back considering Claire has the biggest backyard you can imagine. We quickly close the sliding door behind us and pause a moment. We look over our shoulders when we hear a small bang come from the door. THEY ARE RIGHT BEHIND US! I look over at Claire but she ditched me already. Traitor. I run as fast as I can and hide behind bushes. I hear someone coming closer. "I think I saw one of them coming this way." I could hear Holt talking. I. AM. DEAD.

I try to crawl quietly but then my foot hit a rattling toy. Why does this happen to me. The next thing I knew I saw Holt appear from a Bush a few feet behind me. My eyes grew and I quickly got to my feet and started running while staring at him. I then slammed into a wall and I fell to my butt. But, just my luck. It's not a wall at all. It's Luke. He grabs me and hoists me over his shoulder. He puts me down in the middle of the backyard and Holt pins my arms above my head, holding them in place with his legs and Luke straddles me from the waist.

"OKAY, CLAIRE. YOU CAN EITHER COME SAVE YOUR FRIEND AND COME OUT SO YOU BOTH GET TICKLED, OR YOU CAN STAY HIDDEN AND WE BOTH TICKLE HER AT THE SAME TIME! HER FATE IS IN YOUR HANDS, CLAIRE BEAR!" Holt screams.

My face grew hot and I tried to squirm my way free. Luke just laughed at me and Holt started to wiggle his fingers above my pits. "CLAIRE, PLEASE! DONT LET THEM DO THIS! SAVE ME!" I plead to the air. But, she didn't come.

"Well, I guess you are mine again, little girl." Luke says to me. I instantly blush at the sound of my nickname.

"Awww, Luke, you made her blush. That is the cutest thing. But, don't worry," he says to me, "we will make sure your whole face bright red by the end of this!" Holt whispers in my ear.

"TIME FOR THE COUNTDOWN. REMEMBER YOU CAN SAVE HER CLAIRE. IN 5.... 4...." I begin to squirm harder and harder so afraid for what will happen next. "You aren't going anywhere, little girl. 3.....2......1! OKAY! YOU DID THIS CLAIRE! ATTACK!" With that Holt began to scribble my arm pits, poking them all around and pinching my muscles making it tickle ten times worse. Luke pinched my sides at my hip bones and it was the most ticklish sensation I have ever felt. I buck and kick and scream. To no avail.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I scream. "CLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAIREHEHEHEHEHEHEHE WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHYYYYY! IHIHIHIH THOHOHOHOHOHOGHT WEHEHEHEHEEHE WERE FRIEHEHEHEHEHENDS!AHHH AHHH PLEASE STOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAP!" All I could manage to do was beg, buck, kick, and scream.

They paused for a moment to let me catch my breath. "SWITCH!" They said at the same time. NO! What!!! They proceeded to switch places carefully to make sure I couldn't escape and trust me, I was trying. "STILL NO CLAIRE. HM... OH WELL!" Next thing I knew, they were attacking me again.

Holt was pinching my sides and taunting me. I am bucking at him violently. He then takes his finger and digs it deep into my belly button. "NOHOHOHOHOHOH NOHOHOT THEHEHEHEHEREEEEHEHEHEH! AHHHHHH! THIS ISNT FAHAHAHAHAHAIR."

"Aww." Luke teased. "Is the little girl ticklish?" He starts to really dig into my armpit with one hand and scribble my ribs with the other. He's so evil! "Tickle tickle, I got these cute little ribs. I love hearing that giggle. Keep going, little girl!"

I am raging. I have tears streaming down my face from the torment and I was reduced to silent laughs. My energy is so depleted that all I could do for protest was shake my head violently. When I could barely take a breath, they stopped. "Alright, Luke. I think she had enough." They get off me and I curl into a ball in fits of giggles, still feeling the tickling on my skin. "Is over sweet cheeks. No more giggling" Holt teased.

Luke threw his hands in the air and spoke, "CLAIRE. WE HAVE FINISHED THE TICKLE TORMENT ON POOR LITTLE MIKAYLA. YOU CAN COME OUT NOW. WE PROMISE WE WONT TICKLE YOU, RIGHT NOW."

As if by magic, Claire appears from behind the big tree. "I am so sorry, Kayla. I just didn't want to be tickled." She pleaded

"Oh yeah, cuz it is just a walk in the park for me." I say as I start to stand up. "You betrayed me, Claire Lynn Rose. I will NEVER forgive you. In fact, I am plotting my revenge, as we speak. Hey, Luke, help me pack while I tell you all about it." Luke smiles and giddily walks over to me.

"But, Kayla, I am really sorry. Please!" Her cries fell on deaf ears as I was already in the house headed upstairs. She won't know what hit her!