Nobody Else

Son "Shownu" Hyun Woo

I don't need nobody else, no
있는 그대로도 충분해 (that I ever felt)
I don't wanna kiss and tell (baby)
그냥 나를 감싸줘 (oh, whoa)

I just wanna show you off (네가 느낀 그대로)
I need your love (보다 조금 )
I don't wanna kiss and tell, no (somebody else)
Nothing compares to you
⬇️
I don't need nobody else, no
It's enough just as it is (that I ever felt)
I don't wanna kiss and tell (baby)
Just wrap me around (oh, whoa)

I just wanna show you off (as you felt)
I need your love (a little more than)
I don't wanna kiss and tell, no (somebody else)
Nothing compares to you

The sudden glances from afar. The slight brushes against each other just to touch. The smirk he gives me causing my brown cheeks to turn red from blushing. The jealousy that swarms his eyes as he watches another man flirt with me and vice versa when I watch a girl try to press him. It's times like this we both wished we weren't a secret, but, due to both our statuses, his more than mine, we can't risk us being open. But do we care about that really? Because I don't. But he's worried about his image, or am I only enough to be a secret? Does he think I will ruin his image because of my appearance? I mean we're in the day and age where interracial relationships should be accepted, right? What's wrong with a Korean man being in love with an African- American woman? Would he rather be seen with someone paler? I guess he saw the doubt in my eyes since he nodded for me to walk over. I excused myself from my colleagues and went towards the drink table where he stood.

"My love, I couldn't help, but, notice a look of uncertainty," he whispered softly.

"It's nothing," I whispered avoiding all eye contact though I felt his eyes piercing into the side of my face.

"You're lying."

"It's nothing that can't be talked about later," I sighed and turned to him slightly.

"We should go talk about it then. I don't like that look I saw and though you say that it's nothing, I can tell it's something. I know you like the back of my hand, baby, we've together for 2 years and have known each other for 3."

Another surge of doubt ran through my body as he spoke that last sentence. I guess my face reacted again before I could stop it.

"There's that look again. Whatever is on your mind is about us, isn't it?"

I nodded softly while looking everywhere else but him.

"Our room in 5 minutes. We need to talk about this now, my love," he said and by his voice I can tell he was upset.

I nodded. My heart pounding from hurt that started to pierce through. I returned back to my colleagues and told them that I wasn't feeling too well and was calling it a night. I waved softly at them and left towards our room. As I stepped inside and was about to close the door, it was pushed open. I looked up and locked eyes with Hyun Woo. He stepped in and walked towards me as I stepped back.

"Talk to me, my love. Tell me what's on your mind."

"I just- just forget about it. It's stupid honestly."