Just Friends

Tysheem Griffin

O, tell me the reason, yea, yea
We not lovers, just friends
Don't tell me that you can't see it

Tysheem's POV

I arose from my slumber after non-stop tossing and turning. My head was pounding and my body ached. I'm in desperate need of  a reliever. Bri. I'm sure she's up as always. I picked up my phone and dialed an all too familiar number. It rang twice before I heard her sweet voice.

"Wassup? Are you ok?" She said, I could hear the tiredness in her voice.

"Did I wake you?" I asked, worrying more about her than the aches I was feeling.

"No, I was just about to go to bed," she said softly.

"O well I'll just let you go to bed then," I said leaning back against the headboard.

"No, what's wrong?" She asked sternly.

"Nothing. I just couldn't sleep," I said softly.

There was a moment of silence.

"Do you wanna come over?" She asked shyly.

"You still get shy talking to me?" I chuckled.

"No," she said. I could tell that she was blushing.

"I bet you're blushing right now."

"Damn it, Ty, stop it. Are you coming over or what?"

"Yes, I'm coming over," I said laughing as I threw my legs over the side of my bed, "be there in 20."

"Alright, the door will be unlocked. I'll be in my room."

"Bet. I'll see you in a bit, beautiful," I said with a smirk.

"I'll see you soon, ugly," she said before quickly hanging up.

I put my slides on then a t-shirt. I grabbed my keys, phone, wallet, and charger before heading out the door.

After about 20 minutes, I pulled up to her building. I punched in the number to enter the parking lot and drove through the gates as they opened. I parked in her apartment's guest spot and climbed out of my car. I walked into her building, went straight up to her place, and walked in. I locked the door behind me and walked down the hall to her bedroom. I scrolled in and sat on the edge of her bed next to where she laid.

"Hi, love," her beautiful voice said.

"Hey, gorgeous." I said, watching her brown cheeks turn deep red.

"Come lay with me," she said, opening her arms.

"Gladly."

I laid my head on her stomach letting my arms wrap around her waist. I pulled her close, taking in her scent. Feeling her body in my arms made my little man stiffen and I'm sure she noticed.

"Someone needs some attention I feel," she said innocently.

"Yeaaaa. He's wide awake now," I said.

"Why?"

"You."

"Me? What did I do?"

"He always gets like this around you, pretty," I said, lifting up off her. I sat at the end of her bed, staring at her.

"We should fix that," she said softly, watching me wince as he was really ready to bust out.

"I don't think you'll be able to handle it, princess," I said truthfully.