All To Me

Erik "Killmonger" Stevens

He don't say
Say what you want
And now it's too late

"Sorry the person you are calling is currently unavailable. Please leave a message-" I huffed as I hung up the phone and tossed my phone on the kitchen counter.

My eyes wandered to the stove clock. 1:56 am. A sigh passed through my lips knowing that I was going to be spending another night alone. I stood in front of the kitchen counter staring at the door. Tears whelmed in my eyes as I dropped my head in shame and anger. How could he do this to the woman he "loves"? The woman that he's engaged to, who he's planning a wedding with? I groaned in frustration as I grabbed the wine bottle in front of me and a wine glass. Why do I care? I've fallen out of love with him anyways. I sat them at the kitchen table and sat down. Pouring me a glass, I picked up my phone and went to my music. I need to sing this mood off. Scrolling a little I found the perfect song for this moment. Hold Up by Beyoncé. The song played in the speakers as I vibed and sang my heart out feeling every word. I sat back and thought about this relationship or lack there of. I couldn't figure out why I kept putting up with this shit. Was it because of the engagement? Why not break it off already? Why torture yourself? Why go through this if he's not in love with you? Why go through this knowing your own feelings had faded? I shook myself out of my thoughts. I stared off into oblivion while a debate occurred in the back of my mind. Soon a familiar face came to mind along with those familiar feelings. Should I call him? I mean why not? I've declared that I've checked out of this relationship and he's a person that's caught my attention from the moment I saw him. I don't know. Everything that happened in that moment I met him was like a bliss to me..

I walked into a bar called Buenos Noches with my best friends, Lia, Kacy, and Miracle. We sat down at the bar and ordered a round of shots while mingling amongst ourselves. Suddenly, I felt eyes burning into the side of my face but I ignored since that was pretty typical in this type of setting. I ordered a Sex on the Beach and was in the middle of a sip when Lia leaned over towards me.

"Girl, I think you've caught the attention of a fine ass man. He can't stop looking at you," she whispered while staring off to the side of me.

"What's he look like?" I whispered back.

"Girl, you're about to see because he's walking this way," she replied while sitting back up and watching this mystery man approach us.

Soon a presence was felt beside me so I turned and looked at who this mystery man was. My jaw damn near dropped. He was fucking gorgeous. He had locs that was braided back, dark brown eyes the made you feel like he was reading your soul, and gold fangs in his mouth. I looked up and our eyes locked instantly. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Hey beautiful," he said leaning against the bar.

"Hey," I said with a giggle trying my best to not blush. I hadn't been complemented by a man in a while even though I had a man but he was forgotten in that moment.

"What's your name beautiful?" He said while staring me deep in the eyes.

"Niya," I said shyly slowly remembering that I already had a man.

"Niya. That's a pretty name," he smirked.

"Thank you. What's yours?" I asked really contemplating on what to do.

"Erik," he said proudly with a wide smile.

"Erik. That's a cute name," I giggled softly.