Find My Way

Park "Star" Seonghwa

**Inspired By Dababy's Music Video**

"Star."

"Star," I repeated, turning towards him more.

"What?" He said in an annoyed voice while side-eyeing me.

"We're just gonna sit here?" I asked him as we sat at a gas pump in front of this old gas station.

He didn't respond once again. I rolled my eyes and turned towards my window and just stared out. He was deep in thought and it was making me wonder what was on his mind other than the obvious. Sitting in this car was irritating me so I got out and leaned against the car before circling it a few times. He took his phone out and called someone, and knowing him it was probably his grandmother. I zoned out as I walked around the car and thought about the happier days. I missed the old us. The old us that we didn't have to hide from the world. The old us where we weren't fugitives. The old us where we had dreams of being famous over positive circumstances... not this. I miss our dreams of having a big house and several little Stars and Lunas running around... but all that changed and now we can't get comfortable in one place because we have to take and run just to stay a float... just for our loved ones to stay a float. I walked to the front of the car and flipped my hair over my shoulder and stared at him as he shook his head at me. I sighed.

"Star," I said before walking to the passenger window.

I stood at the window and leaned down on the open window seal. Our eyes locked as we stared at each other intensely.

"Ight, I have to go now grandma. I'mma give you a call later, ok?" he paused as she spoke to him, "I love you. Bye." he said before hanging up.

"Seonghwa, you ok?"

"Let's just get this shit over with," he said before cocking his gun.

I grabbed my bandana as he put his gun down his waist band before he pulled his ski mask down. I tied my bandana around my head and gripped my gun in my hands. He got out of the car and pulled his gun out of his waist band then walked into the store with me right behind him. Soon, we began to let our bullets spray before emptying the register and grabbing food and snacks for the road. Unfortunately, this has become a common way our nights would end.

<Many hours later>

We've been driving around for hours. It was a bright, sunny, hot day and our windows were rolled down as the radio blared. We took pictures, joked around, and squirted water guns at each other and laughed like we didn't have a care in the world. I missed this. We eventually reached this motel and decided to get a room and chill out for a few days. In those few days, we practiced robbery techniques and what I should do during them. I was hoping for dick but now we gotta stay focused on robbing and running. Soon we were robbing another store again, then went to a diner.

"Aye," Seonghwa whispered to me while showing his gun.

"No," I said back.

He didn't listen. He wrapped the bandana around his face and head. I did the same. This shit getting old.

<After the robbery>

The car ride to the motel was silent. I was pissed and I know he felt it.

"Baby," he said as we walked into the motel room.

"BAE," he said louder as I laid on the bed counting our money.

He scoffed when I didn't respond. I don't see why he expects me to want to talk to him when I'm fuming. He almost got us killed doing that fucking robbery.