The Water of Life

With Stilgar and Gurney beside her, Chani is travelling forward with a sandworm. They can navigate across the dangerous terrain quickly and discreetly due to Chani's experience with sandworms.

The worms are moving from north to south, totaling seven in number. The riders are put into a trance-like condition by the sandworms' rhythmic undulations underneath them, which helps them concentrate on their target.

Paul is travelling to Chani's left side on one of the worms. As they approach their destination, his eyes scour the horizon for any indications of danger. As the sun beats down on them, the desert's terrain is covered in lengthy shadows.

Paul walks alone into the south temple, where he finds a small sandworm in a pool of sand and no one else in the temple.

Maker Keeper: (in Chakobsa) You're not allowed in here, stranger. Leave or die.

Paul: (in Chakobsa) I should be welcomed.

Maker Keeper: (in Chakobsa) If you drink, you shall die. If you drink, you may see.

Paul receives the flask containing The Water of Life from The Maker Keeper.

Paul tilts the flask, gently raises it to his lips, and takes a sip of The Water of Life.

It takes him only a few seconds to see and hear every Bene Gesserit Reverend Mother from the past speaking and manifesting in front of him.

Paul starts to lose consciousness.

Ancient voice: Now that you can see our past, you can see your future.

Subsequently, Paul witnesses a hooded person, clad in Fremen robes, ascending a sand mound; nevertheless, a great expanse of ocean emerges beyond it. He comprehends that what he is witnessing may be Arrakis's future.

When they are a few feet from the water, the figure turns to the right and looks at Paul as they start to descend the sand mound. The figure embodies the unborn sister of Paul and Marcus, a young Alia Atreides. Paul gets a thrill down his spine as Alia's knowing gaze meets his. Paul understands that Arrakis's future is closely linked to his own, and that he must now go cautiously and wisely along the way.

 Paul understands that Arrakis's future is closely linked to his own, and that he must now go cautiously and wisely along the way

Alia: Oh, brother, my dearest brother, you are not prepared for what is to come. You'll now learn the truth about our family. And it will hurt you to the core. Paul... Don't worry. I'm with you. I love you.

 I love you