Chapter 2

I'm so damn tired. I think I would pass out anytime now due to exhaustion. But the photoshoot isn't done yet. I have to endure this longer. I should just smile a little longer. I shouldn't give any hint that I'm feeling tired.

Smile. I need to smile. I should show them that I'm enjoying this job.

Smile...

"That's a wrap!"

I heard sighs of relief when the photographer announced that. Pero nanatili pa rin ang ngiti sa mga labi ko. I even widened my smile when the photographer and the brand owner approached me.

"Good work, Yeliz. As expected of you," the photographer said.

I let out a soft laugh.

"Good work as well. It's always easy to work with you."

"Thank you so much for doing this, Miss Aslanova." Ang brand owner naman ang lumapit sa 'kin.

"It's also a pleasure to work with you," sabi kong hindi pa rin inaalis ang ngiti sa mga labi.

"Do you have somewhere to go after this? I want to treat the team to dinner as a thank you. You all worked hard for today."

"Oh..." I said, tucking my hair behind my ears. "I have to go home to study. I have my final exam next month."

Isa pa, I think my dad would start to worry if I didn't get home early. Nasabi ko rin kasi sa kanyang maaga akong uuwi.

The brand owner gave me a smile, as if she was sympathizing with me.

"It must've been hard being a model and a student at the same time." Mas totoo ang ngiti n'ya ngayon. "How about next time?"

"Sure. Next time. I'll go get changed now since this dress is sponsored."

Nagpunta na ako sa dressing room para magpalit ng damit. I felt like all my strength had been seeping out of my body. I wanted to go home and rest kaya nang matapos akong makapagpalit ay nagmamadali na rin akong magpaalam sa kanila. My handler and, at the same time, manager, Artyom, who insisted that I call him Arty instead, walked with me to the parking lot of the studio.

"Don't forget that you have a beach photoshoot next week for Irina Morozova. You'll stay for three days at the resort. You don't have to worry about the accommodation or anything since they have all been taken care of. You just have to come in good condition, okay?"

I heaved a deep sigh. Katatapos pa lang ng photoshoot but he just has to remind me about the other one. Hindi pa nga ako nakakapagpahinga pero may iisipin na naman akong panibago.

"You have to watch your diet. And sleep early." Pinatigil n'ya ako at hinarap sa kanya. He touched the part of my face just below your eyes. "Goodness gracious. Get plenty of sleep! You have small bags under your eyes!"

Iniiwas ko ang mukha ko sa kanya. I am offended. But it might've been true. Lately, I have been focusing on my studies as I was so worried about my final exam. Hindi naman ako ganoong katalino para hindi na kailangang mag-prepare kapag may exam. But I could get by if I worked hard. Kaya habang maaga pa ay nag-aaral na ako.

"I have my final exam next month," I reasoned. "You know I need to study early to get a passing grade."

"I know that, sweetheart." Arty's eyes turned kinder. "That's why I didn't accept any work for you after this one with Irina. You can even take a lot of rest after your final exam. You deserve it."

I let him get away with that. Arty knew how hard I worked with modeling and studies. He knew when I should get rest and when I wanted to work. He knew when my smile was fake as well.