X

She orders something about a shoujo platter while his was a simple omurice but what excites him the most was his in game character themed dessert.

"You like his character that much?"

"Yeah, back then, I used to hate his character that much but I changed my mind when they updated his lore." His eyes shone.

He began talking about how the character was a coward and let everyone do the job. He disliked how he was useless during missions and oftentimes gets easily hurt.

She was actively listening, sipping on her drinks once their orders had arrived.

He disliked how his contribution was little to none and that why he had more screentime than the group that had been doing all the work. He also disliked his attack kits are just physical damage and does nothing to their enemies especially when they have shields.

"Do normal attacks not work?" He shakes his head.

"Enemies with shields needed elemental attacks for them to break but he does not which frustrates me. I've tried farming his build but it's just the same. Enemies are still immune to physical attacks its just that he does a lot of damage when there's no shield." He stops and eats for a moment.

"But once they gave a new update and added his story line, I was amazed." He explains how most players would've given up farming but he didn't and he was lucky that he still gave the character a chance.

"Am I boring you? Sorry if I talked too much." He says out of the blue.

"What boring? I am that invested, mister." She pokes his nose with her finger.

As more and more students and visitors gathered inside for their drinks, they stopped their conversation observing that they don't have enough seats to accommodate that many newcomers. They decided to pay their share and walked towards the displays and he talks about whose character it is and what role they have in the game.

"What happens next? What did he do in the new story quest?" He gave a close mouthed smile in silence.

She glances at the merchandise section to buy the Chiffon keychain. They both went to the counter to pay for the item.

"Oh?" The cashier scans the item and shakes her head.

"Sorry but you can't buy this item without its pair. Would you like to buy this with the pair or would you like another keychain?"

"I'd like to buy this with the pair." She really likes the design of that particular keychain. The cashier went and grabbed the Cinnamoroll pair. She puts the two and demonstrates what the two characters looked like when they were whole.

Chiffon was gripping on Cinnamoroll's scarf. They weren't sure if she was handing the scarf or was merely touching the scarf but that was what it looked like.

Y/N took the pair and handed it to Jinwoo, to which the gesture surprised him.

"Uhhh... Me?" He points to which he felt stupid for asking.

"Who else?"

"But why?"

"Why not? It's a thank you gift for helping me out." Oh. He felt a little disappointed but not surprised. The boy was internally conflicted. He took the keychain to his pockets. He was delving more into overthinking but pauses. It was not the time and place to do so.

They both went outside. The bell rings indicating that someone had opened the door.

"Let's go." She drags him somewhere else to sightsee. He hadn't questioned her.

Different food smells pass through their noses, glancing at the stalls from the front gates. She gave them a quick glance and took notes which she would want to try later. They eventually made their way to the games section where almost everyone makes a loud sound or a cheer.

Should he even try? He asks himself, watching the girl aiming the toy gun at little soldier figurines moved by a machine. His thoughts were not about the game but about something else.

She shot almost everything but missed one which earned her a bunny hat.