Chapter 8

After we were finished eating all of the food that was on the plate as well as something else, Ari cleared her throat and shifted in her seat, not saying a word while she looked at us.

She looked at me before she looked at the empty plates and then looked at us again, and I knew that she wanted to say something about us going to talk now but didn't because she did not want to seem mean.

I bit back a small sigh and finished the rest of my drink before I slowly nodded and set the cup on the table in front of me. "Ok," I said with another small sigh before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat before I moved to stand, and they watched me with wide eyes. "Let's go ahead and get this meeting done so that I can try to get some more sleep."

My mate pressed his lips into a thin line and narrowed his eyes while worry and something else flickered through his eyes, and he looked between the two of us before he focused his gaze on me. "Ar-"

"We're talking," I said, interrupting him while I looked at my mate, and my mate pressed his lips into a thin line but didn't say a word, but I knew that he wasn't happy about it. "I'll be fine, Lorcian," I said with a small hum in my voice, and I slowly dipped my head close to my chest. I stood all the way and rubbed my hands against my pants. "I did make a promise that we would talk after we finished eating, and we are finished eating."

My mate pressed his lip into a thin line before he bit back a small sigh and slowly nodded. "Ok," he said before he cleared his throat and shifted in his seat before he stood. "After that, are you going to rest?" he asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

"Of course," I said and nodded in confirmation. "That was going to be the plan after this."

"Are we allowed to come with you three, as well?" Colt asked and raised an eyebrow in question. "Or are we just sitting out of this?"

"Oh, I am going in there no matter what," Ethan said, and I rolled my eyes and scowled before I pressed my lips into a thin line. He stood and so did the rest of the table that hadn't stood yet. "She can't keep me out of the room even if she tries." He flashed me a small smirk with a small wink.

I scoffed a laugh and rolled my eyes again, folding my arms across my chest. "Very funny, Ethan," I grumbled before I looked at Colt. "You are able to come in the room with Lorcian, me, Ari, and Ethan," I said and then looked at Troy. "You can come in as well."

Troy shrugged and pressed his lips into a thin line. "I was in the same boat as Ethan. I was going to go in there whether you wanted me to come in or not."

I bit back a small smirk and nodded, amused. "Of course you are," I replied coldly before I cleared my throat and grew serious, and they grew serious as well and waited for me to say something. "Are we going to put the plates in the kitchen and clean up?" I asked and raised an eyebrow in question while I looked at Lorican.

The urge to go ahead and do it was strong, but for some reason, I was able to keep still and wait for whatever my mate wanted us to do.

My mate smiled and shook his head. "Someone can get them for us, Fox," he said, trying but failing to soothe my worries. "They know that we want to talk and want to get you to bed as well so that you get some more rest," he added, and I knew that he was talking about some of the members of his pack. "They don't, and will never, mind helping you."

But I did...

I set my jaw and narrowed my eyes, not knowing what to say or do. A part of me wanted to get the dishes done so that no one had to do them for me while the other part of me wanted to go ahead and get this meeting over with so that I could sleep.