Chapter 3

He stared at me while I looked around his room nervously. His whole body was tense, and I could tell that he didn't know if I wanted to share a room with him or not. He kept twisting his hands together while I looked around, and I had a feeling that he was nervous. Lorcian cleared his throat and stopped me from searching. His eyes were wide while he studied me, trying to pick up on any emotion that I had. "I-If you aren't really ready to share a room, you c-"

I shook my head and stopped him from talking, making sure that he couldn't see my red cheeks. "No, no," I soothed, not looking at him. "This is fine. I'll share a room with you."

Lorcian took a deep breath and let it out. He studied me with wide eyes that I could feel, and I could hear his heart pounding in his chest. "Really?" he asked, his voice breathless. "You'll stay here?"

I nodded in confirmation. "You're my mate," I pointed out, and he chuckled in confirmation. "It was bound to happen anyway." I still didn't look at him and heard him walk over to me, my heart starting to pound just as hard as his.

Gently, he cupped my cheek and stroked it. His minty breath filled my nose while he gently leaned forward and pressed a kiss to my lips, and I answered his soft kiss with one of my own. His other hand ended up around my waist while he pulled me closer to him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, our lips meeting each other with passion and love. I pushed my lips harder against his, and Lorican answered, pressing his lips against mine as well.

Lorcian growled approvingly and moved his other hand to meet the one around my waist. Slowly, he moved his hands down before he had them on my butt and picked me up.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and let him lay me down on the bed. My focus was solely on him and the sparks he made throughout my body.

My mate laid me on top of the bed and laid down on top of me, not hurting me at all. He was gentle and sweet, and I was glad that I had a mate like him.

With a soft sigh, Lorcian sighed and pulled away, much to my and spirits distaste. He laid flat on the bed so that he was staring at the ceiling with me staring at him. "Isen visited me," he said, finally after both of us finished panting. He shifted and grabbed himself a pillow to cover his "friend" and cleared his throat. "He threatened me."

I raised an eyebrow, surprised that he had left his mate and Anastasia's side. "He did?" I asked, and he nodded in confirmation. I turned my head to the ceiling before I again looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Why?"

"To threaten me, of course," he replied. He turned his head and looked at me, and I could tell that he was nervous about the Dryad, especially with the last encounter he had with him when he had been cursed.

I raised an eyebrow. "Ok..?" I inquired, wondering if he would tell me why Isen had threatened him.

"We should pay Isen a visit," Majesty said with a growl. She did not like the idea of her threatening her mate, even though she liked him because he cared about Anastasia. "He should not have threatened our mate."

"He wouldn't care," Sinopa said. "He'd threaten him anyway, especially because of the relationship that happened between Anastasia and her mate."

Majesty huffed and rolled her eyes. "I still think that we should pay Isen a visit."

"Sinopa's right," I said. "He would have threatened him anyway. That's what Isen does, and it doesn't matter if he does it or not. He won't do anything unless Lorcian deserves it."

Majesty huffed again and mumbled something under her breath. "Fine," she said grumpily. "It doesn't mean that I don't like it. I think that we are the only ones that should threaten our mate and not some puny Dryad."

I bit back a snort and rolled my eyes. "He would disagree with you, and you know it." I turned to my mate and looked at him to see that he was staring, amused. I raised an eyebrow and cocked my head slightly. "Yes?"

Lorican shook his head and smiled. "You know that your face speaks a million words when you talk with your spirits, right?" he asked while he cocked his head. "It's interesting to watch, especially when you don't agree with whatever they are saying."

I rolled my eyes again, this time at my mate, and my cheeks turned red. "Ya, right," I said. "You're lying. I don't do that."

Lorcian raised an eyebrow and gave me a look. "Do you want to make a bet?" he asked, teasingly. "I mean, I can get a camera and record you, if you like. I'm sure that Ethan will agree with me that you do it."

I shrugged. "Ethan wouldn't," I replied. "He knows better than to reveal any secrets that I may have, especially to my mate." I gave him a pointed look, and my mate chuckled and looked at the ceiling.

"I know," he replied. "He didn't tell me that you were coming today. I'm sure that he had known you were." He looked at me, and I nodded in confirmation. "It was a nice surprise," he said. "To see you sitting at the table and eating Colt's ice cream."

I nodded. "I had a feeling that it would," I replied. "I didn't want to just walk up to the house and be here." I shrugged. "I also wanted to see if Ethan was keeping up with his training."

Lorcian paused and cocked his head. He studied me with his brilliant blue eyes of his, them looking like sapphires with a pool of onyx instead of a pupil. "Did he know?" he asked. "Did Ethan know that you were?"

I nodded. "He did," I confirmed. "He knew that I was in a tree near where you two were talking." I bit back a sigh and looked at the ceiling, biting my lip. "I am nervous," I said, honestly. "About becoming queen."

Lorcian pulled me to his side and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. "You will make a great queen," he promised. "And you will have the support you need to be great."

I closed my eyes and basked in his warmth. I knew that I would have an amazing support system when I took the throne, but that didn't stop the anxiety. It didn't stop me from feeling helpless and wondering if Anastasia would've been a better fit for the throne than me. "I hope so," I said, my voice barely above a whisper. "I really hope so."