Grumbles, Teases and Tears

-Long Live-

In the quarter end of their understanding childish hug, the door burst open and chuckles and giggles could be heard. Not less than a second later, Eustace was as far as he can get from Julie.

"She hugged me!' yelled Eustace.

"You hugged back!" said Julie, grinning while trying to embarrass Eustace more.

"Eustace, you do know you're still really young..." said Edmund, smiling himself.

"Atleast he could get some, Edmund!" grinned Julie, cracking up in laughter, holding her stomach.

"Ugh, you people are corrupting us!" said Lucy. Julie flashed her a wink.

"Eusace could get some, huh? Lady," she eyed him with a glare "Julie, why don't you give 'some' to your majesty himself?" said Caspian, indicating Edmund.

The two were blushing profusely, while Caspian and Lucy were giggling and chuckling. Suddenly, Caspian found himself face first to the floor with Julie sitting on her back, bending his arm.

"Enlighten me, Julie, how much do you weigh?" joked Caspian, holding his breath as Julie tugged on his hair viciously.

"Say that again and I'll be the one who cuts your," said Julie "hmm... You know, I'll think about it for the meantime."

You like the teasing anyway.

'No, I do not! You dare to accuse me of some absurd verdicts!'

Oh, I may be wrong. I may be right. You will never know, you're much too stubborn for your own good.

'Oh, sorry, err-- What can I call you?'

Edmund.

'Nope. I'll call you Voice because of your suggestion. So, Voice, I give you my apologies for not giving you your satisfaction. Jolly well enough? Even though you're not a real person, you are too cynical against me.'

I didn't mean it like that--

'Shut up, silly imaginary voice.'

Julie's stomach rumbled in hunger and she quickly got off Caspian. Once she was out of the cabin, she debated on whether she would give up her pride and ask Caspian or fall asleep.

She, being the prideful person that she is, decided that sleeping would be a more dignified choice. She, unfortunately, did not have the pleasure of feeling the bed and blocking out any facts that she is onboard a boat that would take her to her death in any second.

Surprisingly, once she opened her eyes, she had found out that the sun retreated back to its lazy state. Lucy was sleeping soundly by her side, though she never noticed her come by. Snoring softly and evenly, Julie smiled at the precious, fragile and pretty girl laying beside her.

She carefully barefoot stalked outside the shared cabin. Weirdly enough, she felt assured around thte ship with a few people awake and going. Tip-toeing to the nearest corner. She leaned on it, looking at the reflection of the water.

All Julie saw was a girl. A girl with no hopes but full of dreams. Lost dreams, that is. No matter where she go, the hopeful grin that was almost permanently plastered on her face haunted the frown hiding deep beneath the muscles, aching to be formed. The tears were begging her to drop them.

No one knew why she was like that. Grinning outside, crying inside. She, herself did not know why. The barrier she worked hard to keep up were trembling slowly. The droplets of tears were added to the vast sea, her hair whipping to the left. Her sobs were forced to subdue, but still she did not succeed.

Stop crying, you silly foolish girl.

Someone was walking very carefully and noiselessly passing her by. He, presumably of course since Lucy and her were the only females on the boat, stopped a long distance away from her. He noticed that it was Julie because of her height and dark hair.

He started walking nearer and nearer until he was three steps behind her. He hugged her from behind, even though Julie didn't know who he was. She tensed at first but continued crying. He moved on her side as he rubbed her back and she cried on his shoulder, though her neck was going to be stiff because of their height problems.

She still did not know who he was, but she was sure she felt at home. Heck, she could even spill his guts out to him. It felt like he knew what she was dealing with, even though she herself was confused. Just because of their connection.

But who was he?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment, Vote, Like... Fan? Anything!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM FTW!