•|Chapter 26|•

Y/n's eyes fluttered open, the soft glow of moonlight filtering through the curtains illuminated the room in a gentle embrace. She turned her gaze to her side, where Jungkook lay sleeping peacefully, his form partially covered by the pristine white blanket. His steady breaths filled the air, creating a sense of calm amidst the stillness of the night.

With a quiet determination, Y/n rose from the bed, the blanket draped protectively around her as she sat on the edge of the mattress. Her gaze lingered on the table where a single glass stood, its contents holding a secret that only she knew. It was the glass into which she had surreptitiously mixed the sleeping pills, the very drink that had rendered Jungkook unconscious and oblivious to her impending escape.

With a steady hand, Y/n lowered her feet to the cool wooden floor, the faint creaking of the floorboards barely audible in the silence of the night. She moved with purpose, retrieving her discarded clothes from the floor with a sense of urgency that belied the gravity of her actions.

In the bathroom, she shed her current attire, exchanging it for fresh clothes that whispered against her skin like a promise of liberation. Her reflection in the mirror held the image of a woman on the brink of a new beginning, her eyes shining with a mixture of fear and determination.

With a final glance at the sleeping figure on the bed, Y/n swallowed the lump in her throat and gathered her belongings, her bag heavy with the weight of her decision. As she slipped out of the room into the darkness of the early morning hours, her heart pounded in her chest, the adrenaline coursing through her veins like wildfire.

Time skip

Y/n emerged from the mansion, the weight of her decision bore down on her heavily, each step a painful reminder of the challenges she faced. The darkness of the night enveloped her like a shroud, the cool breeze sending a shiver down her spine as she navigated the unfamiliar terrain.

Despite the difficulty of her circumstances, Y/n pressed on, her determination outweighing the physical strain of her pregnant body. With each passing moment, the distance between her and Jungkook grew, a sense of urgency driving her forward as she made her way towards the railway station.

The path ahead was fraught with obstacles, the shadows of the night casting eerie shapes on the deserted streets. But Y/n refused to be deterred, her resolve unwavering as she pushed herself to the limit in her quest for freedom.

As she ran, the weight of her unborn child pressed against her, a constant reminder of the stakes at hand. But even in the face of adversity, Y/n refused to falter, drawing strength from the life growing within her as she forged ahead towards her home town.

With each step, the railway station drew closer, its dimly lit platform a beacon of hope in the darkness. Y/n's heart pounded in her chest as she approached, her breath coming in ragged gasps as she fought to keep pace with her racing thoughts.

Finally, she reached the station, her chest heaving with exertion as she came to a stop on the platform. The sound of her own heartbeat echoed in her ears, a steady rhythm that matched the cadence of her resolve.

With a trembling hand, Y/n purchased a ticket for her journey home, the weight of her decision settling over her like a heavy cloak. But even as she boarded the train, leaving behind the life she had known for so long, she felt a sense of liberation wash over her.

As the train pulled away from the station, carrying her towards a new beginning, Y/n closed her eyes and allowed herself to believe that, despite the challenges that lay ahead, she was finally free. Free to reclaim her life, free to embrace the future that awaited her, and free to build a better tomorrow for herself and her unborn child.