Chapter 7

Elyk soon returned to the room with a small droopy looking unbloomed Marigold flower.

"Here you go Akooza," Elyk said with a soft smile and sat the plant in front of the elf.

"Ah, thanks," Akooza smiled back and then put his hand in front of the plant taking in a deep breath.

"What's taking you so long, just do it," Elyk demanded. He was now holding a stern expression on his face. Akooza glanced at him, his eyes glossy; he seemed a bit shocked by Elyks tone.

"I'm trying! Magic is harder to harness here!" He huffed. Akooza then took a deep breath once again trying to activate his magic. 'Magic energy is so little in this world,' Akooza pondered. His hand started to gather a green aura around it. The glow crept along Akoozas hand creeping onto the plant and wrapping itself around it. In a sudden moment the plant came to life thriving, its petals blooming and it no longer looked droopy and sad.

"Woah! You actually do have magic!" Elyk cheered in amazement. He pulled out a tape measure from the drawer under the coffee table and measured the leaves of the plant. "I thought you were joking about magic!" Elyk smiled widely and Akooza giggled. Akooza then curled his lip back into a pout.

"Why would I lie about that!" Akooza complained. He sat the flourishing Marigold plant on the coffee table pushing it aside.

"I don't know. But do you want to take a picture with me?" Elyk asked with a smile. He took out his phone and turned it on. Akooza gasped and put his hands together in a praying position. His eyes sparkled, and he reached for the phone aggressively,

"A magic box! GIMME!" He shrieked in pure curiosity and joy, a bit demanding as well. Elyk scrunched up his nose and stepped back.

"What!? NO!" Elyk yelled. He held the phone up above his head away from Akooza.

"C'mon gimme!" Akooza begged. He waved his arms in the air trying to grab it from Elyks hands.

"Stop that!" Elyk shouted. He kept holding the phone above Akooza who kept reaching for it. "It's not magic, it's technology!" Elyk yelled out to Akooza. Akooza paused and lowered his hands down, blinking a few times. He then tapped his chin, cocking his head to the side.

"What's a technology?" Akooza asked which stunned Elyk. Elyk felt his whole world crashing down and his pupils narrowed.

"You did not just ask that question," Elyk muttered. He then let out a sigh and facepalmed. "Alright technology is hard to explain. But this is a phone I use it to message and call people." he gestured to the phone while holding it with his other hand.

"So you don't use paper and ink and dont send messenger dragons to deliver messages?" Akooza asked, confused. He kept his head tilted to the side while doing so. Elyks jaw went slack and his eyes widened to the size of a golf ball.

"Huh?!" he exclaimed. Akooza just grew more and more confused.

"What don't you do that?" Akooza questioned. Elyk had his mouth wide open, absolutely flabbergasted. He stared at Akooza in pure confusion and awe.