Chapter 9

Akooza stepped forward in wonder while looking at the nature of the park. Everything was so calming, the air was fresh than the city but still less fresh than Tapokas air. The park was filled with large trees that had most likely been there for generations. It had playground equipment in the center, old worn down equipment. Akooza noticed that this little town they were in was nothing like the city Akooza had started this world in.

"This place is pretty," Akooza added. He was pointing at birds and small critters, his eyes glittering and lighting up.

"I know, I visit this place often," Elyk responded with a smile creeping across his face.

"You do?" Akooza muttered. He cocked his head to the side again; it was a habit. He blinked his eyes looking at Elyk with a questioning gaze. Elyk let out a chuckle.

"Yep, I like feeding the animals, and drawing in my sketchbook," Elyk told him. Elyk was beginning to enjoy his friendship with the elf he had discovered. Maybe he wouldn't try to expose Akooza anymore.

"You like drawing?" Akooza questioned. "I like drawing too!" Akooza jumped with joy, he had a bright grin on his face and a happy sparkle in his eyes. Elyk laughed.

"You like drawing? Maybe I'll buy you a sketchbook," Elyk responded. He had a smile as he and Akooza wandered through the park.

"Actually, Elyk, why did you help me? I'm used to people not wanting to help," Akooza whispered. His eyes drifted to the side as he put his hand to the scar on his neck feeling it. The scar was a burn mark on the left side of his neck, a slightly rougher discolored portion. He kept no eye contact, seeming a bit sad or reminiscing on something.

"Oh, well I hadn't noticed you were an elf at first. I thought you were a strange guy who needed help. I just kinda helped you," Elyk muttered he was trying to sound nice and Akooza seemed sad. As much as he wanted to ask about the burn scar and the scar across Akoozas nose he didn't want to upset him further. Akooza took a few deep breaths before returning his hand to his side. He then turned his gaze back to Elyk taking in the wonderful smells of nature.

"Alright! Also when I first came here I remember it being a big big city, but this looks like a humble town. Why is that?" Akooza interrogated. He seemed genuinely curious. He then looked at Elyk anticipating a response.

"That's because it is a small town," Elyk told him, "I live outside of the city in this small town." Elyk smirked and gave Akooza eye contact while he talked. Akooza smiled,

"Alright I like places with more nature anyways," Akooza expressed. He shrugged his shoulders and Elyk bobbed his head.

"Now come on this park is more pretty than you think," Elyk declared. He then began to walk ahead of Akooza. Akooza smiled and trailed behind him, not too far but far enough where he was just following Elyks figure and couldn't hear if he was talking. Akooza looked up at the branches of the trees in the park as he followed behind Elyk. He heard a rustle and itched the back of his head, then suddenly he felt something or someone grab his waist and begin to pull him into a bush, he gasped and opened his mouth to scream but a warm hand was placed over his mouth. He flailed his limbs and his breath hitched. Why now? Right when he was beginning to adjust. He kicked his legs, his mind racing his eyes wide, he felt the branches of the tree scratch and itch at his skin. He could hear the small branches snapping and the person pulling him into the bushes, grip tightened. He held his palm out trying to channel his magic but the thing pulling him down grabbed his wrist quickly pulling him into the abyss of the bush.