Chapter 17

Oota and Akooza spent a few minutes walking, they now found themselves in a dirtier Alley but it had a couch, Akooza saw another person on the couch a familiar person. Of course, Oota had recruited Kalzoo of all people, there was also another elven guard standing in the corner leaning against the wall.

"Hey Kalzoo! Ivy!" Oota cheered, Kalzoo raised his head, his usual scowl deepening at the sight of Akooza, the elf guard looked up, she was a woman wearing an iron chestplate the same as Kalzoos, she also had a helmet on. From what Akooza could see she had blue eyes and bright orange hair. Akooza looked away from her; however, he focused his gaze on Kalzoo.

"Oota, why did you bring HIM here," Kalzoo spat, his eyes dark and filled with annoyance. Akooza glanced down, he wanted to find his brother, and that's what he got… but he regretted even wanting that now. Ivy crossed her arms and just stared up at the black sky, no stars could be seen in it because of all the smoke and clouds in the air due to pollution.

"Oh Kalzoo, you know him? Akoozas my friend! I used to visit him in the forest all the time," Rambled Oota. Akooza took deep breaths fidgeting with his fingers, hearing those words come from Oota warmed his heart, though he was starting to think he valued her more than just a friend.

"He's my younger brother," Kalzoo spat with a light hiss. Akooza stared at his brother, at least he acknowledged him this time. Akooza felt his heart ache seeing Oota pull back a bit in a wince at Kalzoos harsh tone.

"Akooza and you, Brothers?!" Oota yelped. She was very confused, how could a sweet guy like Akooza have such a harsh elder brother.

"Y-Yeah… Kalzoos my brother," shivered Akooza. He hated how embarrassing this was. Oota won't think he's nearly as great after she met his brother. He was so much more weak, and pathetic then Kalzoo. He also admired his brother… but why couldnt Kalzoo realize just how much Akooza cared for him. Kalzoo grumbled and stood up slowly of the couch snatching his spear from off the ground.

"Akooza, do I have to put you in your place Again?" He spat. He had a fierce look and stern expression raising his spear. Oota looked between Akooza and Kalzoo with concern, she tensed up and stepped to the side putting herself between the two men.

"Kalzoo don't be so harsh on him hes part of the group now!" Commanded Oota. Akooza looked at her with a slight flush on his cheeks, she was defending him? He hadn't expected that. It made him feel happy, and made his heart beat faster for some strange reason. He snapped out of it and looked at Oota.

"Wait! I can't stay with you, I have to go back to Elyk!" Akooza shouted. He had a bit of panic in his voice, not thinking before he spoke.

"OH? So you're gonna go crawling back to your human!" Kalzoo growled. He tightened his grip on his spear and stepped forward with an angry look on his face. Oota looked pained, the expression on her face was filled with hurt.

"I-It's not that, not that at all," Akooza stammered. He stepped back and raised his shoulders nervously. He wished he could just sit in a hole and be buried.

"I know you care for the human Akooza but he can only get you so far, stick with us for now," Oota whispered gently. She turned around and put her hand on Akoozas cheek. "Just calm down for now." She removed her hand from Akoozas cheek and went to the couch sitting on it. Akooza sighed and followed her walking far around Kalzoo who growled and walked over next to Ivy leaning against the wall with her. He sighed and sat on the couch, the cushions smelled like mildew. He groaned and leaned against the back of it letting himself sink into the ripped cushions of the couch.

"Yeah, whatever. House him, just know he is no help in any cause," Kalzoo thundered, setting his spear so it would lean against the colorless walls of the alley before crossing his arms. Akooza felt his heart sink once again. Why couldnt Kalzoo recognize him? Would he ever be good enough?