Chapter 3

A Warm feeling surrounded Akooza as he began to awaken. His fingertips twitched and he opened his eyes. A sliver of light filling his vision and temporarily blinding him. He put his hand in front of his face to block the light shining in his eyes as he sat up.

"Where am I?"  he muttered to himself. Blinking his eyes so he could adjust and see properly. He was in a small bedroom alone. The room had oak wood floors a small dark green carpet and peach colored walls. The bed was Very soft, Akooza could lay in it forever. But the question was, where was he? Akooza put his hand to his forehead he could feel the light fabric of bandages around where he had been bleeding before he had fallen unconscious. 

'Huh? Someone bandages my wounds?' Akooza thought to himself glancing downwards at his lap which was covered in a blanket. He immediately became alert as he heard the door knob turn. He pulled the blanket infront of his face and tensed up. The door swung open the man with red hair walked in wearing a purple hoodie, and carrying a tray of potato's and chicken soup. 

"Your Awake!" The man spoke and rushed over to the bed making sure he didn't drop the tray while doing so. He noticed How scared Akooza was as Akooza was now trembling the blanket covering half his face.  "Hm? Are you scared Mr pointy ears?" The man said with a chuckle and teasing tone. Akooza relaxed his breathing and inhaled and exhaled lowering the blanket from his face just a bit now holding it in front of his chest.

"Who are you?... where am I?" Akooza spoke slowly his voice a bit timid. He was a bit startled by this person infront of him.

"My names Elyk. You're in my house stupid. Your were hurt and no one was helping so I did it myself!" The man stated. He set the tray of food next to Akooza on the night stand. "But seriously why are your ears so pointy? I've never seen anyone's ears like that." Elyk rolled his eyes jokingly. Akooza lowered the blanket all the way now. His breathing had now fully adjusted to the air of this world from being asleep. 

"Oh! My ears are pointy because I'm an elf. I'm assuming you're human!" Akooza replied with a shrug his voice a little louder and more clear. To Akooza's surprise Elyks eyes widened and his jaw dropped slack for a moment. An awkward silence passing through before Elyk shouted.

"YOUR A WHAT?!"

Authors note: 

Elyk is pronounced ee-Lee-k