October 8th.

I was at home today, I'm not sure why. I just missed being at home. I've missed my room.

Really, I've missed the walk down to the beach from my house, which is ridiculous I know but I mean it. It's nice.

It's calming. There's woods between my house and the beach. Walking through them felt nice in the rain. It hasn't rained in so long.

I was mostly going in this walk to clear my head, after finding out that Kurt and Elise found out everything, I'm feeling a little weird.

Nervous, maybe.

I'm scared she's going to just tell me she doesn't want to see me like that anymore.

It's a terrifying thought that I'm going to come to terms with in the very very, far future. It in the next fifty years, maybe eighty if I'm lucky.

Now I was just kicking the sand around, letting my clothes soak in the water and get heavier.

I liked the weight, which I'd discovered is why I liked my wet clothes. It's like a weighted blanket. "Luke." She sounded out of breath.

"Hi, Elise." She stands a few feet away. "I was- uh, I've been thinking."

"About what?" She stares at the floor, biting her nails. "You, mostly. I just- I've been thinking a lot. About how both of us made like- really drastic changes, I haven't, said this much in years and I haven't smiled at anybody since I was like ten- except for Calum or my dad. You, made bigger changes just to have me closer and you- i mean you've, stayed the same but you're just, better."

"Yeah." She takes a step closer, still too far away. "Yeah and- so I was, I was unthinking about what you said and how I, fucked it all up. I realised that I'm actually really good at keeping secrets."

"Really?" She nods, still staring at the floor. "Yeah cause I've been waiting to tell you this since yesterday when you danced with me but I kept it to myself. I think I- like you. I don't really- hate anybody but I don't enjoy their company, but I think if you asked me to just be in a room with you until you got bored I could do it without question."

"That's the most romantic thing anybody has ever said to me." She laughs, my heart jumping out of my throat. "I want to be uh- I want this, whatever it is you want to do, slowly. If you still like me, cause I know you tend to get a little panicky and so mate. You've changed your mind, which is fine by the way."

I started to make my way over as she continued to ramble on. "I know I fucked up and I'm not even second best- I know there's like a- a line of people waiting to be with you but I just don't-"

Crashing my lips into hers, I rest my hands over her cheeks, the rain almost blinding me as I closed my eyes.

I pull myself back for a second, her pretty little smile making my heart stop. "You will never be second, to anybody." Leaning in to kiss her again I felt her arms wrap around my neck.

Pulling me down, her smile just as wide as mine. "We're going to get sick, we need to go in." My heart was pounding I could hear it and feel it in my throat.

Walking her through the woods was something I didn't know I would struggle with. I'd gotten lost about six times before eventually making it to the backyard.

Dragging her into the outhouse. I kiss her quick before handing her some dry clothes.

"My dad would never step foot in there again if we went in there like this. I'll turn this way." Turning away towards the window, I watched the rain get worse.

The pool wasn't covered which meant I was going to have to clean it. And even worse, his glass was out there with his grinder. Which meant he'd had sex in the pool. "Gross."