Chapter 11 : Face-to-Face with the Principal

Minami no Hanashi : Yume - Prelude

-(Kobanocchi) The principal is calling you to his office. And it's very serious.

-(Haru) It must be about the cooking club.

-(Taiya) Well, yes, Sanae is too well-behaved to be suddenly summoned by the principal.

-(Kobanocchi) Yes, it's about the cooking club! Weren't you originally interested in joining the literature club?

-(Sanae) No, I've decided the cooking club is more suitable for me after all!

-(Tsuka) But madam? Why doesn't it appear in the document?

-(Kobanocchi) I'll explain later. But you, Sanae, go to the principal's office. Don't delay.

-(Minami) I'll go with you.

-(Kobanocchi) No, you stay here. I have something to tell you later.

-(Minami) Huh?...

-(Haru) I can accompany her.

-(Kobanocchi) Yes, if you want.

After the girls left,

-(Minami) But why do I have to stay?

-(Kobanocchi) You'll see. So, the question was...

- Meanwhile, in the school corridors -

-(Sanae) Why doesn't it appear in the document?

-(Haru) Several things could be the cause...

- -

-(Kobanocchi) The first reason is that the cooking club must have held its elections before the end of last year's school term. So... not finding a suitable representative, the club had to decide to close and vacate the room.

- -

-(Haru) The second reason, and the most obvious I think, is that the principal might have decided to terminate the cooking club himself and make the room available for other new or expanding clubs. Like the chemistry club.

-(Sanae) Yes, that could be it, in my opinion...

-(Haru) But...

- -

-(Kobanocchi) This possibility is both the most obvious and the most surprising.

-(Minami) Hm?

-(Kobanocchi) Were you all here last year? You never saw the numerous awards our school won at the inter-school cooking competition?

-(Taiya) Yes!! We even had a whole day dedicated to that victory!

-(Kobanocchi) Exactly! So... suddenly closing the cooking club

-(Haru) Would mean that Unmei High School would give up its title as the best school in cooking.

-(Sanae) That doesn't seem like a decision the school would willingly make.

-(Haru) Yes. But anyway, Sanae, if you manage to take up the challenge

- -

-(Kobanocchi) It will be an achievement!

-(Tsuka, Taiya) She'll succeed!!

-(Kobanocchi) The principal is very strict in the field of cooking. You are aware that Unmei High School is very competitive, and in the field of cooking, it was at the top. The best high school.

-(Minami) The pressure Sanae will face... What have I done?

-(Tsuka) We'll be there for her!

-(Taiya) Yeah, don't worry, Minami!