Chapter 9 : A Club for Sanae

Minami no Hanashi : Yume - Prelude

After finishing her discussion with Ryo, Mrs. Kobanocchi joined Sanae.

-(Kobanocchi) Alright, girls! Tell me you all have an idea for a club, right? Sanae isn't the only one who had the courage to raise her hand, is she?

-(Minami, Tsuka, Taiya) Yes!

-(Tsuka, Taiya) We joined the dance club!

-(Kobanocchi) Ohh!

Her gaze then turned to Minami.

-(Minami) I plan to join the track and field club.

-(Kobanocchi) Hmm, I see. So it's just you left! Have you thought about joining your friends' club?

-(Sanae) Yes! But... None of them really suit me...

-(Kobanocchi) Ohh, I see.

-(Tsuka) They just skimmed through the document this morning!

-(Taiya) And nothing matches what Sanae is looking for!

-(Kobanocchi) Ahh, that's inconvenient... And why not create your own club?

-(Sanae) No, I'm not at all suited to be a representative of any club.

-(Minami) We thought about the cooking club but—

-(Sanae) I'll join the literature club!

-(Minami) Huh?

-(Taiya, Tsuka) Huh?

-(Ayemi) Excuse me?

-(Kobanocchi) Ohh, excellent idea! It would be a shame, especially with your results from the previous year, which I saw earlier, not to share your knowledge with other students! I'm sure you'll be the spark in the middle of that club!

-(Sanae) But no, come on, not really!

-(Kobanocchi) Don't forget to fill out your forms and hand them to me at the end of class, girls!

-(Taiya, Tsuka, Sanae) Yes!!

Sanae knew she had made a decision that Minami wouldn't approve of. She cast a fleeting glance at her friend.

-(Minami) What did you just do?

-(Sanae) Um... I chose a club?

-(Minami) But you didn't choose anything at all!

Annoyed, Minami stood up and pulled Sanae by the arm to take her outside. In her momentum, she ordered the twins not to follow them. Taken aback, they simply acquiesced, not asking any further questions.

A little further down the hall

-(Minami) So? Care to explain what that was all about?

-(Sanae) The drama club! It's a good idea too, isn't it??

Minami's weariness was evident on her face.

-(Sanae) Alright, I admit... I don't want to be part of the cooking club.

-(Minami) Why?

-(Sanae) I just don't feel like it.

-(Minami) Wait. So you're aware of something about this club, right?

-(Sanae) Absolutely not.

-(Minami) Really?? Are you sure?

-(Sanae) Well, yeah!

-(Minami) Ugh, Sanae... You're signing up for the literature club only to quit after two weeks.