Chapter 2 : Class 2-2

Minami no hanashi : Yume - Prelude

-(Kobanocchi) Alright, Katayama, it's your turn.

"Katayama" steps forward to the board.

-("Katayama") My name is "Katayama Minamiii~" delighted to meet you all! I love staying in my corner and reading books in the library! Because I don't have any friends! So, I hope we can all get along!

-(Kobanocchi) Mmh...

The teacher sensed that something was off. But a voice rose in the class: "Hey! Viper! If you could stop spewing your venom! It'll give us a break!" It was Tsuka who stood up, pointing at the girl pretending to be Minami.

Amidst the chaos, young Katayama stood up and spoke.

"Madam! Ignore them. Can I introduce myself?"

-(Kobanocchi) Uh... Yes, go ahead. Katayama, you can return to your seat.

-("Katayama") Yes, yes!

Minami faced the students, preparing to speak up.

"My name is Akane Ayemi. I'm 16 years old. If you have something to ask me, you'll have to go through my two slav— uh... friends. Oh, and I'd like to stand out, but I'm not sure how to go about it. So please don't blame me if I burst your eardrums, that's all I know how to do! Thank you for your attentive ears. Which won't be in a few weeks because of my incessant screaming."

Minami turned to Mrs. Kobanocchi, ending this pathetic role-play: "By the way, madam, my name is Katayama Minami. She lied to you so I took the liberty of introducing her in her place. I tried to stay as close to reality as possible."

The so-called 'Katayama' clenched her fists in anger. The teacher was starting to lose patience.

-(Kobanocchi) Stop!! So... If I understand correctly, you are Katayama Minami. And you? Your real name?

-("Katayama") Akane Ayemi.

-(Kobanocchi) Both of you, come see me at the end of the hour. Alright! Next! Yano Tsuka, and... Oh, Yano Taiya.

-(Tsuka) We'll introduce ourselves together.

-(Taiya) Two birds, one stone.

Minami turned to the window with an evasive look, as if she didn't want to witness this scene.

The twin sisters were positioned at the back of the class, one on the left and the other on the right. They suddenly started moving with uncanny synchronization, weaving between the desks, gradually approaching the board. Ironically, Mrs. Kobanocchi wasn't really bothered by this spectacle; it was the first time students were so involved in a presentation, so she let them be. Tsuka passed by Minami, who pretended not to know them, feeling embarrassed and hiding her face from this ridiculous spectacle.

"How can they do that??" she wondered.

The twins finally reached their destination.

Tsuka and Taiya in front of the board.

-(Tsuka) Hi! I'm Yano Tsuka!

-(Taiya) Hi! I'm Yano Taiya!

-(Tsuka, Taiya) We're twins and we radiate joy! I hope we can all get along! Don't hesitate to come talk to us!

-(Kobanocchi) Alright, thank you girls. Hm? Well, let's forget about the order. The next one will be...

She looked at the students and pointed at one of them: "You!"

The boy steps forward to the board with... style?

"My name is Rikiza Jukugo..."

-(Kobanocchi) Is that all?