Chapter 15 : Gossip in the Classroom

Minami no hanashi : Yume - Prelude

Some time after Jun's departure,

Minami stood in front of her desk, holding a pen. She was pensive, an odd feeling troubling her mind.

« I feel like something's missing... »

At that moment, her phone started ringing.

-(Minami) Hello?

-(Ayemi) Are you working, I hope?

-(Minami) Yes, unlike you.

-(Ayemi) I took notes the whole time. I even took the trouble to double-check that nothing was missing.

-(Minami) Cool.

-(Ayemi) I don't know if you're finished, but you'll have to redo it. You're missing the names of the representatives. And don't forget to give positive and negative opinions about me. And you better not exaggerate on that!

-(Minami) Ugh... I thought something was off. And yeah, don't worry, I only wrote what I think and-

While reviewing the notes, Minami came across a note from Ayemi that stopped her in her tracks.

-(Minami) I can't believe it...

-(Ayemi) What?

-(Minami) Can you explain to me why our negative opinions are almost identical?

-(Ayemi) What do you mean? Don't tell me you just copied from me. I swear it's going to be trouble.

-(Minami) Impulsive, grumpy, and chaotic... We find them on my side and yours... That's 3 out of 4 that are identical...

-(Ayemi) Okay, well, change it. Don't put it like mine. And for the positive qualities? Is it okay?

-(Minami) No, I'll leave it like that, it needs to stay authentic. And for the qualities... Hmm...

-(Ayemi) "Hmm" what?

-(Minami) Yeah, no, I'm struggling to find more than one quality.

-(Ayemi) Are you kidding me?

-(Minami) It's not to offend you, but besides your note-taking, I really don't see... Oh yeah! You're n-

The words seemed to escape Minami's mouth. What she wanted to say seemed unreal.

-(Ayemi) What's with you?

-(Minami) You're n-n-nice?

A small silence fell. Minami herself was shocked by her own words.

-(Ayemi) D-Don't talk nonsense!

-(Minami) No, don't get carried away, it's just that you helped me with your magnet thing. She said, writing Ayemi's only quality

-(Ayemi) By the way. Give it back to me.

-(Minami) Yeah, yeah, I just noticed, I'll bring it back to you tomorrow.

-(Ayemi) You better, or else watch out for your shoulder.

-(Minami) If you touch me-

-(Ayemi) Anyway, did you keep the document? The names of the representatives are under each club.

-(Minami) Yeah, I got it, I'll copy that and send it to you. But if something's wrong, you'll change it yourself.

-(Ayemi) Okay. But work well! Or else I'll report you.

On these words, Ayemi immediately hung up.

-(Minami) Who does she think she is, that witch?

-(Minami) *Sigh* Well, I guess I have to change all that...