Chapter 26 : Things Are About to Get Intense!

Minami no Hanashi : Yume - Prelude

At the Katayama's dinner table

Minami couldn't sit still; she had been recounting what happened during the test for ten minutes straight. Narumi's eyes were wide open in disbelief. Azumi was silent and simply listened. 

Sanae thought: That's enough, Minami! I'm so embarrassed right now!!! Not only did she not want Azumi to know the embarrassing details of the test, but she also didn't want to show her weaknesses so directly and without any filter. 

Minami was outraged, and each time she got to a moment of conflict, she emphasized her words and turned to her father for a reaction. 

Shinsuke, while eating, responded every time: "I see."

-(Minami) And he dared to say that to Sanae!! she said, hitting the table. 

-(Shinsuke) I see. 

-(Sanae) B-But it's going to be okay! N-No need to make a big deal out of it, I'm fine, I assure you!

Sanae tried to defuse the situation; she didn't want to worry or involve Minami's parents in her problems. But her friend saw things differently.

-(Minami) No, they'll have to pay. she said, spoon in hand. 

-(Sanae) *Stressed * Huh? P-Pay?

Narumi put down her fork and clasped her hands near her mouth with a menacing look: "It's been a while since this happened, but I totally agree with you." 

Everything that had been said greatly displeased Narumi. Indeed, she cared a lot about Sanae, and this news put her into a state of vengeance.

Seeing that Narumi was in sync with her sister, Sanae began to worry, and the Katayama machine was about to spring into action. She naturally waited for Shinsuke or Azumi to defuse the situation. However...

-(Shinsuke) Indeed, I will talk to him tomorrow. 

-(Sanae) Huh?! Nooo! No really, it's not necessary- 

-(Narumi, Minami) Yes, exactly!

In distress, Sanae turned to her last hope: Azumi. She spoke with a smile: "Yes dear, you should talk to him. I can't leave my little one defenseless." 

Sanae's world collapsed.

-(Sanae) T-T-Talk? T-They're only going to do that, right? Hahaha... The principal is probably very, very busy, we should make an appointment... 

-(Shinsuke) No, it'll be fine. 

-(Narumi) Exactly~! Don't worry, Sanae! Dad is someone special, nothing resists him! He'll handle this quickly and efficiently!

Minami nodded with determination, arms crossed.

Azumi understood Sanae's feelings and decided to reassure her: "Don't worry, you won't have any problems; it will go well."

-(Sanae) I see-

Azumi immediately continued, laughing: "Let's just say my dear will give him a little reminder!" 

Minami nodded, and her sister encouraged: "Yes! Exactly~!"

-(Sanae) Huh?

After dinner, in Minami's room

The two friends chatted about everything and nothing, but Sanae seemed troubled, and Minami could sense it. She sighed and then spoke: "Ah, I know you're worried about tomorrow, but don't worry, nothing crazy will happen. Dad seems threatening to others because they don't really know him."