Chapter 1- Really?

Claire's POV

Today was the day that Owen was going to tell Kate, his daughter, about us. God I'm so nervous. I know that Monica, Owen's ex-wife, divorced him and took his daughter away from him; but I don't want to just come in and take away everything she has of a father. I know they're were very close, or so Owen tells me. But I'm still extremely worried.
'What if she hates me?' I keep thinking. 'What if-' 'What if-' and more 'What if-'s run through my head. I'm currently standing next to my counter, my head in my hands. My stomach is in knots. I finally found a nice guy, whom I like very, very much. And now it can be ripped from me, just like that. I want to make a good impression towards Kate, so I decided to straighten my hair. As I always do- but I'm just worried today so I probably would've just kept it in it's natural waves. Owen says he loves my little curls in my fiery red hair- but to me- they're a pest. I looked at the clock- 12:15 a.m. and her flight was at 2:30. I had plenty of time- to worry. I had just finished straightening my hair. Well not fully. There was waves. But not my natural ones- I hate those. But straighter-made ones. I was still in my pajamas. I guess I should get dressed. I slipped on my jeans and a tan shirt with a red sweater ( picture above). I applied red lip stick to match my outfit. It had to be the right tone- obviously! Now I just needed to wait.

12:31

12:32

12:33

God this is going nowhere.

12:34

Useless clock!

12:34

12:35

This is infuriating! I turned to look at my phone. I looked back at the clock.

12:38 now. I needed to pass time. I grabbed my phone and texted Owen.

"Hey" I said.

"What's up?"

"Oh you know just freaking out"

"About?"

"I'm just worried about Kate and what she will
think of me"

"Claire, c'mon, she will love you!"

"I don't know! I mean she does have her own mother! Now that we're uh... what are we?"

"I guess we should've clarified that..."

"Would've been helpful..."

"Are we a couple?"

"I don't know!"

"Okay... You ask me to be your boyfriend. See what I say"

"Isn't that guy supposed to ask the girl to be his girlfriend?"

"Your really annoying sometimes you know that right?"

"Yaaa☺️"

"Okay okay. Claire do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"Hmmm"

"Oh come on! 😠😠"

"I'm thinking! Can't a girl get some time to think? 😏😉"

"Not when it's making me worried!"

"Since you asked nicely... than yes. I will be."

"Really?! 😀"

"Really."