Chapter 26- Absolutely Nobody

Claire's POV

"Wha-what are you doing here?"

"Mr.Masroni wanted me to have a job at Jurassic a World. I'm a close family friend so-"

"What job did you get?"

"Velociraptor trainer. They said something about a guy not wanting a job. They didn't say why though," he said. I couldn't believe he was here. I haven't spoken to Adam in about 4 years or so. We dated for 5 years, and broke up because I got the job for Jurassic World manager.

Flashback

"Claire," he whispered, stilling hugging me tightly. I was moving today. Away from him. Away from Adam.

"I know," I said, my voice shaky from all the stress, and of course, the loss of Adam, "but I have too. I can't turn down this opportunity."

"Claire, I will always love you, but you already know that."

I smiled and started walking backwards, never breaking my eyes with his, and never letting go of his hand. A tear slipped my eye and I got in the car that was my fathers Mercedes. I waved goodbye for the final time and drove off.

Flashback Over

"Owen," I whispered. He took Owen's job. Wow. He isn't coming back. I was happy, but also terrified of why I felt my heart break all over again. No. I couldn't, I can't, be still in love with Owen.

"Who's Owen?" Adam asked innocently.

"Nobody. Absolutely nobody."

When I said that- I meant it. Even if my heart tells me otherwise.

Author's Note

Hey guys! So, here is the FINISHED chapter! Again, still sorry about that! So you finally know who the mystery person is! Claire's ex boyfriend. Hope you liked the chapter! Remember to leave comments, vote, follow, and read my other stories!

xx- Kelsey<3